Sephora VIB 2018 Holiday Sale Shopping Guide

Sephora Holiday Sale Shopping Guide

It’s Friday, October 26, it’s the equivalent of full moon to us Sephora-holics. And if you’re a VIB Rouge, you know this first-access exclusivity is dangerous to our pockets. But before you go crazy-shopping, take a hard look at what you need first, then what you really want, and what the heck I will still buy it. Read: how to veganize your beauty stash.

If you’re shopping online, your code upon checkout to get 20% off is ROUGEBONUS. The rest of Sephora VIB members can shop from Nov 2-5 so in case you forget your first access privilege, you have another lease in life, haha!

I will divide my recommendations for this Sephora VIB madness per category to make it easy for you.

SKINCARE

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum. For minor dark spots or hyperpigmentation, this stuff works. I have featured this many times on the blog. It’s one of those over-the-counter solutions that under-promise but over-deliver.

Drunk Elephant TLC Sukari Babyfacial. It’s a nice AHA/BHA at-home mask that helps with blemish-prone skin (mild to moderate acne). Another repeat winner in my skincare must-buy’s.

Herbivore Blue Tansy AHA+BHA Resurfacing Clarity Mask. Green and natural, the list of ingredients are short and impressive.

Coola Rosilliance Organic BB Cream SPF 30. This is part makeup, part skincare. It has very light coverage which makes you glow, add the sunscreen component and hydrating property, it’s like 3-in-1 wonder.

Biossance Squalane + Glycolic Renewal Facial. You can tell I love facial masks, all the more anything with glycolic acid. Squalane is the vegan equivalent of squalene. Squalane is derived from plant oils.

MAKEUP

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 4.  It’s the brand’s latest limited edition compact palette featuring four bestsellers and two new exclusive shades.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette. How is this different from previous palettes? It features six all-new, exclusive shades of Ambient Lighting Powder, Bronzer, Blush, and Metallic Strobe Lighting Powder. Plus 5% of profits from palette be donated to the Nonhuman Rights Project.

Axiology Natural Lip Crayon. Clean and natural, it hydrates the lips with phenomenal color payoff.

Natasha Denona Chroma Crystal Top Coat– Holiday. Glitz and glam for the holidays, this eyeshadow topper is going to my cart.

Kat Von D Liner X Trooper Black. Interestingly, this blacker than black felt tip eyeliner is in its pre-marketing stages. This product is supposedly produced in limited quantities for review and feedback by consumers. The liner x is a temporary name until KVD and her team can come up with an official name.

HAIR

Briogeo Rosarco Leave-in Conditioning Spray. Clean and natural, this non-greasy leave-in spray doesn’t weigh down hair.

Verb Ghost Oil. You only new small drops and it goes a long way. It helps tame frizz and makes hair look shiny.

Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer. High-speed for the long mane to the rescue.

NAILS

Nails Inc Fallen Mermaid Nail Duo. For only $15, this is a steal for lovely looking shades.

Deborah Lippman Party Animal Nail Set. This is a nice holiday gift set for the nailhaholics in your life.

Kopari Coconut Melt. A great all-around coconut-based remedy including raging cuticles.

1. October 26, 2018 / 9:53 am

LOL it’s the equivalent to a Full – Moon! So true! This is a really comprehensive list. I’ve been wanting to try Herbivore’s Blue Tansy since you talked about it in your youtube video a couple week’s back.

2. Ehmkay Nails
    October 26, 2018 / 11:13 am

I barely buy from Sephora anymore. I’ve skipped the last few sales. I’ve never even been rouge.

3. October 26, 2018 / 12:54 pm

I really, really love the Coola Rosilliance one too! But sadly, I never meet these Rouge or VIP levels whatever they are, so I never can take part in these kind of sales

• thefabzilla
      Author
      October 26, 2018 / 1:00 pm

I may lose the “title” coz I’m buying less makeups now

4. October 26, 2018 / 12:58 pm

So many things to buy and so little money, lol!

• thefabzilla
      Author
      October 26, 2018 / 1:00 pm

Right? Same problem with me haha

5. October 26, 2018 / 5:28 pm

How I love a sale on beauty. I just wrote the word Axiology on my list to remind myself to look at them.

• thefabzilla
      Author
      October 26, 2018 / 9:27 pm

I think you’re going to like their lip crayons

6. October 26, 2018 / 5:37 pm

Do you have the Dyson hairdryer? It’s so tempting, but so expensive. Wondering if it’s worth it?

7. rach
    October 26, 2018 / 6:22 pm

It is indeed like the full moon. You should have seen my shopping cart before I had a realistic discussion with myself!!! After going through several of the mini sets, I did finally cave and pick up the full-size Framboos. It put me over the top to requalify for Rouge next year but I may give up status after that. Aside from the occasional lipstick=personal kryptonite splurge, I’ve been trying to shop my stash and mostly just repurchase base products and brows/mascara when I need them, ideally doing all my stock-ups during sales. Though with the prices on most skincare items….I could very well wind up qualifying again anyways. 😛

• thefabzilla
      Author
      October 26, 2018 / 9:29 pm

Let me know how you like framboos. Even my husband use it now. I might lose my Rouge status too because I haven’t been crazy shopping for makeups but I did get some of the things I mentioned here

8. October 26, 2018 / 6:32 pm

Great guide. I’ve been buying from Ulta all year because I like their rewards program better, but there are still some brands I can only get at Ulta.

• thefabzilla
      Author
      October 26, 2018 / 9:30 pm

I can’t wait for ULTA to open near me. Literally 5 minutes away from home so I’m so excited

9. October 28, 2018 / 9:59 am

Once again, you have added to my Loves list. If that sucker gets any longer, I’m going to get kicked off the site.

10. October 28, 2018 / 4:07 pm

I’m eyeing Hourglass Ambient Lighting Vol. 4. It will be my first palette, though I have some of their individual blushes, bronzers, and lighting powders.

11. 25 Sweetpeas
    October 28, 2018 / 4:12 pm

The Fallen Mermaid Duo is really lovely!

12. October 28, 2018 / 8:30 pm

Great picks!! I have been trying to buy a lot less but I think I need to pick up some drunk elephant skincare.

13. October 29, 2018 / 5:21 pm

I was surprised at how nice Axiology lipsticks turned out to be. That texture is almost like a lip balm! I imagine the crayons are great as well.

14. October 30, 2018 / 11:03 am

Great reccomendations! The Hourglass edit is already in my cart and I’m thinking I may splurge on a new perfume as well.

15. October 31, 2018 / 2:20 am

I always hear amazing things about drunk elephant!!

16. October 31, 2018 / 11:15 am

I’m so tempted to pick up the Dyson Hair Dryer but I’m saving it for a “you just landed an AMAZING job and have the money to spare” gift to myself lol. Although, I am thinking about picking up some Drunk Elephant and Coola products during the sale.

• thefabzilla
      Author
      October 31, 2018 / 11:55 am

Wait for the sale, or better yet, cyber monday!