As cliché as it sounds, a lot of us really do get inspired to better our health at the beginning of the year, hence our constant search for the right fitness essentials . Today I have teamed up with my fellow beauty and lifestyle bloggers to help you get ready and tackle the basics of staying fit. Let me tell you, the hardest to conquer is not really the routine itself but the motivation to do it. But we’re in it together! Here are my essentials:
1. Water. This is the most important nutrient our body needs. Drink water before, during and after to prevent typical symptoms of dehydration such as nausea, muscle cramps, headache, dizziness, thirst, dry mouth, among others.
2. Wear the right clothes. Workout clothes come in different styles and sizes, wear the one that fits you well, not just because it’s cute but also provides proper support and allows freedom to move. Of course, cute workout clothes add further motivation and confidence so I say go for it!
3. Warm up. This is another important step to prevent injuries. Perform stretches to gradually increase your hear rate and prepare you for physical activity.
4. Have fun. Choose a routine or exercise that you truly enjoy so you can commit to it. Crossfit, yoga, zumba, boxing, the sky’s the limit. I love cardio hiphop combined with treadmill, this routine makes me sweat and burn calories big time so I’m sticking to it.
5. Eat healthy. If you are looking to lose weight, exercise and good diet are keys. If you want to transition to plant-based diet, I wrote a complete 101 guide. I have been on it for ten years and I can’t tell you enough how much it changed my life and health for the better!
Shop my fitness essentials