How To Look Tall In 3 Ways | Style Hacks For Petite Women

Today’s post is on how to look tall if you are petite just like me. Really tiny at 5’1 especially standing next to my six-foot-tall husband. Well besides the huge height discrepancy, we connect in many ways, 98% of the time, with the other 2% accounting for minor arguments which make our relationship steadfast. However, today’s post is not about relationship advice (we’ll probably cover that in a separate post in the future, who knows) but rather, how to fake an illusion of height if you are petite, 5’4 and under to be more specific. Scroll down for my practical hacks if you’re not doing any of these yet.


Style Hacks For Petite Women

This post contains affiliate link or press samples.

Nude shoes for the win. Aside from the obvious (wearing heels), a nude pair of heels (even flats) instantly provide a longer silhouette because “you’re not cut” by the ankle as opposed to wearing other colors.

Style Hacks For Petite Women

Above the knee dress tricks the eyes. Next important tip that will compliment a nude pair of shoes is to wear dress which drops above the knee. The length should be anything that makes you comfortable enough to wear it, paying special attention of course to the event or where you’re wearing it to. Finding the dress which has the right length presents a never-ending challenge but I find tunic dress such as the one I’m wearing as the easiest shopping hack.

Style Hacks For Petite Women

Posture is important. Finally, it does sound cliche but posture speaks a thousand words. Learn to stand straight and avoid slouching even if you’re sitting. Not only standing straight “elongates” you but more than ever, it helps significantly with your confidence. It conveys an impression that you actually know what you are saying, that you are sincere and able to tackle whatever life obstacles you may encounter.

Style Hacks For Petite Women


Style Hacks For Petite Women


shop the post




  1. September 4, 2017 / 6:09 pm

    Great tip with the nude shoes. I've never heard that one before. I'm 5'4" so I also need all the help I can get.

  2. September 4, 2017 / 7:20 pm

    I love the dress you're wearing! I can't wear heels any longer, but it's a great tip to wear nude ones!

  3. September 4, 2017 / 7:45 pm

    I'm barely 5'3 so I also rock the nude shoes!! People always think I'm much taller.

  4. September 4, 2017 / 8:13 pm

    I hadn't heard about the nude heels – I don't do heels often, but I think I should invest in a pair! 🙂 They go with everything!

  5. September 4, 2017 / 9:12 pm

    Great tips! I'm petite as well and love my nude colored heels.

  6. September 4, 2017 / 10:07 pm

    You look amazing!!! I don't own a pair of nude heels….I think this needs to change now!!!

  7. September 4, 2017 / 11:41 pm

    The shoes are great. I don't wear heels but if I did that's what I'd buy first.

  8. September 5, 2017 / 4:02 am

    These are great tips. I'm only 5'3" so these will come in handy.

  9. September 5, 2017 / 4:36 am

    The grass is always greener on the other side because I'm 5'9" and wish I was a more petite woman.

  10. September 6, 2017 / 5:45 am

    I'm 5' 1/2" so these tips are great. I need nude shoes but I haven't been wearing dresses in ages so I guess I don't have to rush out & buy some. I often go for a monochromatic look when I want to appear taller. But I agree with you – posture and confidence – and a big personality 😝

  11. September 6, 2017 / 8:17 am

    Beautiful outfit! Your dress looks so pretty, especially paired with a pair of nude heels and red bag!

  12. September 6, 2017 / 3:01 pm

    I am definitely on the shorter side, so I should put these tips to use! Absolutely love your outfit as well.

  13. September 6, 2017 / 4:56 pm

    What great tips! I love this outfit on you!

  14. September 6, 2017 / 6:57 pm

    My yoga classes are teaching me the importance of a good posture! I loved your other tips too, gotta try the nude heels trick!

  15. September 6, 2017 / 8:02 pm

    Great tips! And you are so right – carrying yourself with confidence and great posture can make all the difference 🙂

  16. September 7, 2017 / 11:32 am

    Do you have how to look slimmer hacks? I can't even imagine what it's like not being tall.

  17. September 7, 2017 / 4:54 pm

    Wearing nude pumps definitely helps to look taller, and everything pointy-toed (even flats).

  18. September 7, 2017 / 4:56 pm

    Great tips and your outfit is beautiful! I really need to work on my posture, especially when sitting.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *