Still riding the contour-highlight train? indie brand Beauty Junkees recently launched a five-piece set, much to my delight because the impeccable quality and affordability makes it a must-have, whether you’re a pro or newbie in the makeup league.
Sold via Amazon at $24.97, Beauty Junkees Contouring and Highlighting Kit includes the following: makeup sponge (great for liquid foundation/ concealer or cream-based contour product), pro highlighter (highlighting cheekbones, nose bridge), pro sculptor (contouring side of face/jawline), pro detailer (contouring side of nose or highlighting brow arch/cupid’s bow/inner eye corner), and pro duo fiber (setting under-eye concealer or highlighting cheekbone).
I own several Beauty Junkees which I reviewed last year (kabuki set, eye brush set) and yes, they are still in excellent condition after countless uses and washings. The bristles from this set have the same stellar quality, notably soft and dense which makes application and blending easy peasy. And since we are on the subject of contouring and highlighting, I thought of sharing how I do these techniques fuss-free.
1. Use the flat surface of the makeup sponge (damp) to apply and blend liquid foundation
2. Use the pointed tip of the makeup sponge to blend around nose and under the eyes. I also use it to apply and blend concealer
3. Use the pro duo fiber to set concealer with powder
4. Use the pro sculptor to contour side of face (temple, below cheekbone, jawline). Use the pro duo fiber to diffuse sharp line if need be
5. Use pro highlighter to highlight cheekbones and nose bridge
6. Use pro detailer to highlight brow arch, inner eye corner and cupid’s bow
Other products used (reviews are linked): By Terry Cellularose CC Cream, T.LeClerc Divine Compact Powder, Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Killer Cheekbones, Urban Decay Naked Smoky, Tom Ford Lip Color So Vain.
Edit: Get 25% discount (any individual brush or brush set) with code FABZILL2 (unaffiliated). Expires 4/30/16.