Oh Hair! once a crowning glory, now beginning to be an agony. Blame hormones but truth is, dry, thinning and brittle tress is as common as dry and lackluster skin to us aging ladies. It’s only a matter of time but there are ways to keep our hair fabulous at any age. Today I’m sharing some tips, ‘kinda like advice from your older sister or aunt who vows to defy age come hell or high water, haha! But let me preface, if you suffer from severe hair loss or issues, I encourage you to speak to your doctor.
pr samples, affiliate
Understand your hot tools
1. Lay low on hot tools and allow your hair to air dry more.
2. Look for tools that have temperature settings. Start with the lowest setting and adjust accordingly. The finer your hair, the lower the setting.
3. Use heat protectant to shield the hair from damage and whatnot.
1. Space out hair washing as shampoo tends to trap hair’s natural oil making it dry and more prone to brittleness and breakage.
2. Consider dry shampoo or conditioner in between washing.
Add shine and volume to hair
1. As we age, lackluster and limp hair is more common. Use hair serum and/or oil to seal in hair’s moisture. Apply when hair is partially dry or damp.
2. Massage scalp as you apply hair serum from roots to tips to increase circulation and stimulate hair growth.
Hairstyles to look younger
1. If you prefer long locks like mine, consider soft layers on both sides to frame your face.
2. Opt for wispy or soft fringe to camouflage wrinkles!
3. Cover or downplay gray hairs with highlights.
4. Take the plunge, update your hairstyle with chic bob.
’til our next sesh,
21 thoughts on “Hair Care Tips for the Aging Hair”
Great hair tips, I adore the Proganix Quench line for my bleached hair. I'm happy to say I haven't used heat on my hair in more than a year thanks to my short 'do :).
Excellent advice, twinsy!
Yep, dry shampoo has been a godsend as I am transitioning to shampooing less. I also think it makes it a lot easier to add volume to hair that isn't too clean.
True that. Unless the hair is extremely dirty, smelly, oily, we need to give hair washing a mini/ break
Love the tips! I agree, soft layers are really flattering and youthful.
Great tips! I really have to remind myself to use a heat protectant every time!
Yes, it's a hair saver for sure
The best thing I ever did for my hair was take the Visical supplements–my hair grew faster and really healthy!! I need to get some more.
I heard nice things about that brand
Great tips! I found that spacing out washing has done wonders for my hair!
I love the new dark look with bangs! Seems like the uniform for us more mature gals used to be that we had to cut our hair short! I don't want to right now, so I'm trying to take good care of my long locks. Good advice here.
Thanks much! You read my mind, I mean to write that. Contrary to what society dictates, aging women can still sport long hair, it's just a matter of how we style it. I go for soft layers and fringe for younger look 🙂
Old doesn't fit you girl. You have a long way to go. Your tips are great but don't be discouraged by another birthday or two!!
Thanks so much. At 41, I'll take it as a huge compliment 🙂
Some great tips, there. At 41, you're just getting going. 😉
Really good tips!
I don't think I've ever thought much about hair aging, but it makes sense. Great tips!
Great tips! I am going to try a few of them
These are awesome tips! I do notice my hair's texture changing over the years.
Awesome advice & tips! You always have great hair
Dry shampoo is my savior MOST days!