Long time subscribers of this blog know my obsession over designer vis-à-vis high-end brand lipsticks. It’s my little candy treat sans calories. I work hard, I know my priorities and a purchase here and there won’t hurt the bank. And yes, I encourage you to do the same, not to hoard obviously but to treat yourself for being a great mother, wife, partner, etc. that you are! Okay pep talk done, let’s round-up my Top 10 Lipsticks that are worth the splurge this Fall! All of these are comfortable and non-drying on the lips with pigmentation second to none. Creme-dela-creme they are!
1. Tom Ford Lip Color Matte Black Dahlia is black wine which is now part of the permanent line (review and swatch here). It’s gothic chic, definitely not for the faint of heart, and requires precision during application. // $52, Nordstrom
2. NARS Audacious Lipstick Dominique is NARS-exclusive, it’s creamy lilac with phenomenal color pay-off (review and swatch here). It’s not your everyday shade so expect some double-takes but who cares, really! // $32, NARS
3. Charlotte Tilbury Kissing Fallen from The Lipstick Tree Night Crimson is a stunning semi-matte red berry. The texture is quite close to Tom Ford Lip Color (review and swatch here). // $32, Nordstrom
4. YSL Rouge Volupte Silky Radiant Lipstick Forbidden Burgundy is luminous dark plum which creates an illusion of plump lips (review and swatch here). // $36, Sephora
5. Dolce and Gabbana The Lipstick Shine Violet is a very appealing violet shade with glossy finish (review and swatch here). It’s quite sheer (but buildable) so if you are branching out outside your comfort zone, this shade is worth checking out! // $34.50, Nordstrom
6. Guerlain Kiss Kiss Roselip Wonder Violette is a tinted berry lip balm which renders superb hydration (review and swatch here). It’s part of Guerlain’s Fall 2015 collection. Light and airy, the white corrugated case actually resonates Spring. // $37, Nordstrom
7. Givenchy Le Rouge Intense Colour Sensuously Mat Lip Color Rose Plumetis is housed in burgundy leather case with creamy matte rose mauve pigmentation (review and swatch here). It’s a great everyday color, especially for the neutral-loving demographics. // $36, Sephora
9. Tom Ford Lip Color Moroccan Rouge is luminous berry, my kind of shade year-round (review here). If Black Dahlia is too dark and matte to your liking, then this is the IT shade, guaranteed! // $52, Nordstrom
10. Burberry Lip Velvet Oxblood is a soft matte burgundy shade, a cult favorite so to speak. It stains the lips so reapplication after a meal may not be necessary for you. Talk about longevity!
Packaging is as important to moi. You can’t slap a high tag then call it a day. Tom Ford is known for its mahogany and gold trimmings; Charlotte Tilbury is classic rose gold; Burberry is plaid; NARS is matted; YSL is gold with embellishments; Gucci is black and gold; Dolce and Gabbana varies per line (in here it’s gold); Guerlain Kiss Kiss is originally black but lip bam collection is white; Givenchy Le Rouge is black leather but limited edition varies.
Ready for the ultimate lipswatch? photos galore, you’ve been warned, haha!
which one is your favorite and/or planning to pick up?