SMOKY RUBY EYES Feat. Inglot, Urban Decay Naked 3

arabic dramatic makeup, indian eye makeup, bollywood makeup tutorial

Fourth week into gemstone-inspired eye makeup, can I get an A-men?! If you’re new to TheFabZilla, this is my attempt to revisit under-utilized makeups from my stash. It also allows me to further my skills as a makeup enthusiast.

So let’s talk Ruby, my birth stone month! It’s considered to be the king of gems and represents love, wisdom and health. Trivia: my first major purchase in my early 20s was a ruby jewelry set: earrings (photographed), necklace and ring. I shunned going out and giving in to impulse purchases for several months so I can save money and buy my first adult jewelry pieces. Nearly 20 years later, the sentimental value attached to them is priceless.

bollywood makeup, arabic makeup, smokey eyes, ruby gemstone makeup tutorial

I chose to give ruby a smoky twist since pinkish red is hard to pull off as a single shade. I used Rainbow Eyeshadow 124 from Inglot Cosmetics Freedom System for lids, subtle cut crease, as transition color above the crease, and lower lash line; Blackheart from Urban Decay Naked 3 for outer eye corner, lightly on crease, and lower lash line; Dust for inner eye corner and Strange for brow arch, also from Naked 3. Fall is almost upon us so I finished the look with gothic-vampy-blackened berry lips (Dolce and Gabbana Matte Dolce Inferno). Other makeups used are listed below:

arabic eye makeup, gemstone eye makeup, smoky eye makeup, smokey eye makeup, gemstone ruby

Butter London Wink Eye Pencil Crayon
Clinique Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara Bodacious Black Honey
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Mood Exposure
Osmosis Age-Defying Concealer
Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation Golden Sand (deluxe sample, I’m still road-testing it)
Dolce and Gabbana Matte Lipstick Dolce Inferno

smoky eye makeup, smokey eye makeup, gemstone ruby, arabic makeup, exotic eye makeup

Shop the look (affiliate)

1. September 3, 2015 / 7:14 am

Wowza, gorgeous! I love how the transition shades intensify that ruby color. Glad to hear that you bought yourself serious jewelry in your 20s. I did the same through the my adulthood & never regretted it

• September 3, 2015 / 7:19 am

Thanks Allison! Same here, it makes me smile whenever I look at my collection.

2. September 3, 2015 / 5:03 pm

AMEN! Such a gorgeous look, and I absolutely LOVE the jewel-inspired looks! Your earrings are stunning!

3. September 3, 2015 / 5:05 pm

Hot Damn! You are smoking! This is my favorite look on you! <3

4. September 3, 2015 / 5:19 pm

This look is so sexy and vampy! I swear you pull off any eye shadow color flawlessly!

5. Rachel R.
    September 3, 2015 / 5:27 pm

Beautiful! I love red eyeshadow looks. I love costume jewelry, but every lady needs to have some serious pieces. Jewelry is a great investment, IMHO.

6. September 4, 2015 / 12:37 am

So pretty girlie, I love these colors together. You can rock any look vampy or beachy you are set!

7. September 4, 2015 / 1:20 am

Giving me fall vibes with those rich reds, fabulous!

8. September 4, 2015 / 2:13 am

I could never wear those eyeshadow shades but they are perfect on you.

9. September 4, 2015 / 5:20 am

I love how you acquired your first rubies, and that they're still sentimental to you. Some great ideas for me to steal from you in this look – I love the colors, but haven't figured out how to pull off a red eye look without looking like I have pinkeye.

10. September 4, 2015 / 11:27 am

Ooooh That is a GREAT take on the smokey eye look! I love that pop of red peeking out. Very nice 🙂

11. September 4, 2015 / 11:39 am

The earrings are beautiful, well worth saving up for! My very first adult purchase was a Tissot watch. I don't wear it anymore because we have cell phones nowadays, but it still holds sentimental value 🙂 And your makeup is absolutely gorgeous!

12. September 4, 2015 / 6:37 pm

Slay on you gorgeous beast. 😀 Love love those lips on you girl… they are hot damn awesome. I love deep purple lips on me and we have similar skin tones 😀 gorgeous.

13. September 6, 2015 / 12:51 pm

This look is everything! Your lips are giving me life!