Makeup is fun. And yes, I can say the same thing with eyebrows. While I highly favor natural-looking brows, I’m the type who gets easily bored sticking to a specific routine so to break the monotony of it all, ‘thought I’d show you how I achieve ombre brows to match my ombre hair (oops, somebody needs root touch-ups now, haha!).
You’ve read and heard it bajillion times but it’s true, well-defined and groomed brows frame your face. Need proof? here’s moi before and after. I can forego mascara but I’m not going anywhere without fixing my uneven eyebrows.
Come, get ready with me!
1. Pluck stray hairs as necessary, it’s the first step to groomed brows
2. Brush brows with spoolie
3. With the lightest brown matte eyeshadow from your stash (I used Viseart, review and swatches here), use an angled eyebrow brush to outline inner to mid-section of your eyebrow. For this tutorial, I used my favorite from Beauty Junkees, the pro-Brow Brush. It’s double-ended, with angled-tip brush on one side and spoolie on the other (very affordable at $10!). As a side note, this particular brow brush picks up just the right amount of product whether you are using powder, gel, or cream. (check out my review of Beauty Junkees eye brush set and face kabuki set)
4. Lightly fill the outline with gentle strokes (towards the direction of hair growth)
5. From midway to the end tail of your eyebrow, continue outlining and filling with the darkest brown matte eyeshadow
6. Brush hair with spoolie (or follow with brow gel to set hairs in place)
With minimal makeup (Guerlain Lingerie BB Cream, NARS Creamy Concealer, Mwah Lip Balm), I’m ready to go out. Now you know what I’m talking about, groomed brows or go home, haha!
* own purchase + pr sample *
31 thoughts on “HOW TO | Ombre Brows for Ombre Hair”
So cool! I love this and never thought to do it. Pinning for later!
Great tutorial! Love the subtle ombré
Love the subtle ombré! Great tutorial
Wow, with so many articles talking about ombre hair and now reading about ombre eyebrows!! Thanks for this tutorial blog about it!
Ursula aka Blueridge Beauty
My pleasure Ursula. Just a fun way to amp brow game
What a clever idea! Love the look!
What a great idea! I love how soft the ombre look is. Will defo try it out. Your minimal makeup look is fabulous! <3
Thanks Renu 🙂
Great post! Your brows look great. I'm such a stickler for brows, too. I don't know how people can walk out of their house without doing anything to their brows!
Haha, tell me about it. That's the first thing I notice in most cases
Brows on point! Love the tutorial! <3
I don't do it much on mine, but on clients who have darker brows I usually do the lighter inner darker as you go out. My brows are transparent so any color is enough ehhe
Lucky you, you can rock any brow color!
Perfect brows! It's amazing how two little lines of hair can totally change the face lol I also love using brown shadows to fill mine in, it's so quick and easy!
Thanks much. I agree, brows really make a huge difference. Instant face lift I must say
Your brows are on fleek girl!
Great idea. I never thought of this as ombre.
What a fab tutorial! Must give it a whirl!
Loving the idea of ombre with Viseart. I do use it for brows in the rare occasion I don't have an exact match for someone's brow (great minds think alike).
Thanks Norah. Reading your comment makes me smile
Your brows look fabulous!
I like that the ombre is subtle!
I love this idea! It really melds with your hair well.
Our brows are naturally lighter in the middle, so this is still a pretty natural look, but way more fun!
It gives a softer look. I'll have to try this.
Perfect tips! I like to use deeper shade on the outer half of my browns as well.
Can I just steal your eyebrows? I hate mine haha
Totally gorgeous eyebrows! Yours are so full too!
Wow! This is so awesome!
Awesome look at this! I have naturally sort of ombre brows so I do this too!