Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare | CLOSE UP INSTANT WRINKLE REDUCER & TREATMENT #brinkleyCLOSEUP

Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare, Close Up Instant Wrinkle Reducer and Treatment, Review

#ifabbomember  pr samples

I’m a staunch advocate of prevention is better than cure, health and skincare-wise. Thankfully, the groundwork I started cultivating in my early 20s seems to be paying off now that I’m in my early 40s. That and RBF. Resting Bitch Face. Wrinkles you said? nah I don’t have it. Yet.

But RBF aside, crow’s feet happen to be one of the first noticeable signs of aging. I had the opportunity to try Close Up Instant Wrinkles Reducer and Treatment, the brainchild of model/actress/activist Christie Brinkley. With ethereal beauty like hers, you know I’m up for the ultimate face rehab, haha!

Quite spendy at $79.95 (0.33 oz), this product claims to provide immediate tighter and finer-looking skin. “Use around eyes, mouth and forehead, it erases years from your appearance”.  I’m not going to candy-coat, of course you and I know that there isn’t a product created yet to demystify the elusive fountain of youth. Skincare, alongside healthy lifestyle, sun protection, to name a few can delay aging but no matter how much we try, wrinkles will set in eventually. Fact of life. So if you’re 50 expecting to look 30 with this product alone, I call it wishful thinking my dear.

As for my experience with Close Up? While I did not feel the immediate tightening effect, it did a nice job of hydrating and smoothing the area around my eyes. It also helped the concealer stay put sans melting and caking. I just wish it came in a better tube if not elaborate packaging. I know the marketer can do more than plastic cheap-looking tube. I mean we’re talking $80 for a tiny product so it better be good from the outside-in.

Ingredients: Water/ Aqua/ Eau, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Copper Lysinate/Prolinate, Methylglucoside Phosphate, Pullulan, Porphyridium Cruentum Extract, Glycerin, VP/VA Copolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Amodimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

have you tried any celebrity-endordsed skincare line?

1. August 4, 2015 / 3:16 pm

Some of the "instant" effects products do work for a while, and often that can be good enough. I think I'm supposed to be getting one of her products for review but not sure which one. I'd be a "torture test" for this one so I hope the eye cream is the one I get.

2. August 4, 2015 / 5:43 pm

That is certainly spendy! You are right about a good regimen working as well as any cream.

• August 6, 2015 / 4:38 am

when a product is expensive, i raise my expectations sky-high

3. August 4, 2015 / 6:19 pm

For the price I wish it looked more luxurious and then I might not be so hesitant about the product hehe

4. August 4, 2015 / 8:38 pm

Yes, the packaging definitely should be something more elaborate for the price. If I didn't know any better, I'd say this is $29.95, so you hit it right on the nose! And, you, my dear, don't look a day over 25! <3

5. August 4, 2015 / 8:58 pm

Wow, that's definitely expensive. I agree, lifestyle and skincare regime help a ton!

6. August 4, 2015 / 11:05 pm

I agree that it's expensive for such a small product, and cheapish packaging. In this case, I think the consumer is just paying for the name.

• August 6, 2015 / 4:38 am

I agree, most celebrities don't really care, sad but true

7. August 5, 2015 / 12:27 am

That is definitely a hefty price tag! The fountain of youth is an illusion! Of course, taking care of our skin, proper nutrition, and minimizing sun exposure (and using a high SPF) will help. THat said, as you pointed out, aging is a fact of life.

8. August 5, 2015 / 12:29 am

Because it's so expensive I don't use it on a daily basis. I do like the temporary help it gives me though and every little bit helps.

9. August 5, 2015 / 1:17 am

I'm hoping that my efforts in my 20s will pay off and I can look as good as you do when I'm your age!!!

10. August 5, 2015 / 1:39 am

For $80 smackers I can find more effective skincare. Thanks for the review!

11. August 5, 2015 / 2:10 am

I have this and I need to try it out. $79 is a bit much. Let me find the package.

12. August 5, 2015 / 2:44 am

Wow, this is definitely pricey. I expect immediate results with that kinda money haha

13. August 5, 2015 / 5:40 am

I never would have expected that price tag for that plain tube. I think this could maybe be useful if the tightening effects allowed for more successful application of a particular eye look for an evening (glitter, anyone?) but not for every day use.

14. August 5, 2015 / 7:32 am

I have to admit I think this is pricey! While we might have had different experiences I did feel the area getting tight, and I did not like the sensation

15. August 5, 2015 / 12:52 pm

I agree, for that price the packaging could definitely use an upgrade.

16. August 5, 2015 / 1:05 pm

I had the same exact experience with this serum. It's not a miracle by any means, but my skin felt nice afterward.

17. August 5, 2015 / 4:38 pm

Wish it did a little better for that price tag. I have it on the way to try out

18. August 6, 2015 / 4:12 pm

Wow, that's definitely expensive for a product that didn't really work too well.