My Experience with FOREO’s LUNA Cleansing & Anti-Aging Device

foreo luna cleansing and anti-aging device, review, skincare, clarisonic

#LUNAbyFOREO #ifabbomember

If you’re a skincare gadget or just overall beauty enthusiast, you probably own or at least know Foreo Luna, a handheld cleansing and anti-aging device designed quite uniquely, what with ultra-soft silicone brush and T-Sonic pulsation which claim to remove grime, oil and makeup residue. But jargon aside, is it good enough to justify its $199 tag?

foreo luna cleansing and anti-aging device, review, skincare, clarisonic

Tailor-fit for individual skincare needs, I received the blue model for combination skin (pink for sensitive/normal, white for ultra-sensitive). Using it ain’t that technical: apply cleanser on face, wet the gadget’s bristles, press center button, adjust intensity by pressing either + or -, work in sections (face, chin, forehead, nose), allot two minutes or more, rinse, pat face dry. Proceed with usual skincare regimen. To activate its anti-aging claim, flip the gadget (reverse side), press center button, place it where wrinkles are prominent (side of face/temples, nasolabial folds, between eyebrows).

Per company description, up to 8,000 T-Sonic (transdermal sonic) pulsations per minute are produced through the silicone bristles which allow for maximum cleansing vis-a-vis pores unclogging. Quite a feat if you think about it.

foreo luna cleansing and anti-aging device, review, skincare, clarisonic

The first time I used it, I developed bumpy zits on the side of my face, around four to be exact. When you’re my age, it’s embarrassing to have acne lurking beneath maturing skin. So I stopped for four days, figuring out if this gadget reawakened these unwelcome minions. With zits quite healed and dry, I resumed on the fifth day hoping I won’t have another bout. Thankfully, no more new breakouts since then. Let’s just call it the storm before the calm, shall we?

Gentlest no doubt. The super soft bristles don’t even compare to regular cleansing brush/gadget sold in the market which are all harsh even if they’re supposed to cater to normal or sensitive skin. So yes, it does a good job of cleaning without feeling you’re scraping your skin off. The pulsation also doubles as a face massager, which in effect helps with circulation. As to the claim of anti-aging? only time will tell. If I’m still wrinkle-free at 80, I promise to do a roundup of all magnificent products, yeah while waiting for my bone scan. Humor, that’s what keeps me young fellas.

have you tried #LunabyForeo yet?

1. July 28, 2015 / 5:29 pm

I didn't experience the breakout, but with my acne prone skin it probably wasn't reacting to it heheh it is use to breaking out.

2. July 28, 2015 / 5:30 pm

Although I like my Soniclear, the bristles are a bit scratchy for my sensitive skin so someday I'd love to try one of these.

3. July 28, 2015 / 6:43 pm

I've never tried this, but I do love new gadgets. Maybe on my Christmas list 😉

4. July 28, 2015 / 6:44 pm

I really have been enjoying the LUNA. I feel like it has way more benefits than other devices.

5. July 28, 2015 / 6:55 pm

I have the pink one and really love it! I actually probably should have selected the blue one since my skin i normal/combination. I agree that thee are more gentle than the other types of cleansing devices like the Clarisonic. Lovely review, twinsy.

6. July 28, 2015 / 7:23 pm

My skin loves this so much. I usually was breaking out during the hormonal peak of every month, but even that has come to a halt, which I am loving! Great pictures! <3

7. July 28, 2015 / 11:14 pm

I like that they make gadgets for different skin types. Too bad about those zits though.

8. July 29, 2015 / 12:43 am

I dig mine. I especially enjoy the facial massage. Is it making me look younger? Probably not but it sure is relaxing.

9. July 29, 2015 / 1:22 am

I have it but I keep forgetting to try it. The crazy thing is how bad I wanted it but then I keep reading about people breaking out when they first use the Foreo. I think that is the real reason why it's still in the box. 🙁

10. July 29, 2015 / 2:29 am

I love the lunas with my sensitive skin. They're great for my face.

11. July 29, 2015 / 7:38 am

This looks like such a great cleansing option. Whenever my Clarisonic is kaput, I know what will be replacing it.

12. July 29, 2015 / 11:05 am

I bought my first LUNA Mini years ago and it was my favorite brush until I got Michael Todd Soniclear to try. For my skin this device worked really well.

13. July 29, 2015 / 6:42 pm

That's good that it worked out well for you. I love my Luna! I think sometimes the first couple of uses definitely bring up skin issues like you noticed, but that's good that it only happened at the start.

14. July 30, 2015 / 2:20 am

This worked ok for me, but didn't replace my normal brush. Glad it worked for you!

15. July 30, 2015 / 4:53 am

It looks really interesting. Those few first days must have been hard but thankfully you have enough skncare experience to know not to freak out.