DO YOU NEED ISSA FOREO TOOTHBRUSH? #issabyforeo #ifabbomember

I don’t have perfectly-aligned teeth. I feel that I’m too old for braces, veneers scare me. But overall, I don’t have cavities or suffer from periodontal disease. To me, prevention is better than cure so aside from bi-annual dentist appointments, I brush and floss meticulously, three times a day at the most.

Issa Foreo Toothbrush, Review, how to use ISSA Foreo, proper oral hygiene

I had the opportunity to try ISSA by Foreo. In a nutshell, it’s a new generation toothbrush made of silicone bristles with pulsating technology designed to clean teeth and gently massage gums. Per company description, you need to charge it once every 6 months (via USB cable attachment) and replace brush head annually. Using it is easy peasy: with any regular toothpaste at your disposal, press center button to turn on; adjust intensity by pressing + or -; every 30 seconds, pulsation will pause, signaling to move to the next quadrant of your teeth (that is if you follow a method); after 2 minutes, pulsation will pause 3 times, it’s the end my friend. Don’t forget to turn off and wash.

Issa Foreo Toothbrush, Review, how to use ISSA Foreo, proper oral hygiene

After trying ISSA daily for over a week, now I understand why it’s getting mixed reviews. It’s gentle, no about it. In fact, it’s the gentlest gadget that ever touched my teeth. It also massages my gum, this is certainly music to my dentist’s ears! If you equate hard bristles to cleaner teeth, then ISSA may not be your cup of tea. As mentioned, the bristles are made from silicone so even if I set it to its maximum intensity, I feel that it’s still lacking in strength. Ergo, I tend to brush my teeth more than two minutes. Up close, you will also notice that ISSA’s bristles are thicker so it’s hard to penetrate in-between teeth. Not a big issued to moi since flossing is second nature.

Overall, it all boils down to preference, obviously there are pros and cons. Personally, I don’t mind spending two or three minutes more brushing my teeth (except when I’m rushing) ‘coz you know what, every minute I get to spend away from everyone is hella me-time!

Have you tried Issa?

1. July 22, 2015 / 7:29 am

I so wanted to love this brush. The soft bristles and the massage my gums received were lovely but even spending extra time brushing (something I don't mind doing) and flossing and rinsing, my teeth just didn't feel clean. They are on the right path, I just think that they need to rethink the bristles.

2. July 22, 2015 / 7:29 am

It's after midnight… Sorry about the second comment. I'm gad that you like it and it's working for you. 😀

3. July 22, 2015 / 7:48 am

I love the Luna, so I wanted this, but the SA whispered that they've had complaints of plaque after a while, so I put it back on the shelf. Do update us if that is true after a while!

• July 22, 2015 / 7:59 am

Personally, I really take time to clean and brush my teeth even w/ my old generic toothbrush so plaque formation is relative. I'm all for flossing and regular dental visits to prevent tartar buildup

4. July 22, 2015 / 1:00 pm

My teeth are hideous. They've always been yucky. Unfortunately, dentists weren't able to help me and would ever be able to. Genetics suck.

5. July 22, 2015 / 3:02 pm

My gums get so ticklish this might be too gentle for me lol They say you don't need a ton of pressure when you brush, though… so this might be okay…

6. July 22, 2015 / 3:48 pm

Hmmm not sure how I feel about this! I definitely prefer harder bristles to scrub my teeth with. I definitely feel like I would need to brush my teeth again immediately after using this lol. I do like that it massages the gums though!

7. July 22, 2015 / 4:28 pm

I have been very curious about this– especially since I love my FOREO LUNA– but it really has been getting such mixed reviews! Thanks for your honest assessment, twinsy!

8. July 22, 2015 / 7:37 pm

I don't know if I'd be into this toothbrush honestly! I'm fine with my regular old Colgate one. 🙂

9. July 22, 2015 / 7:49 pm

I love the look of this but I'd need the kids model! I would love it for gum massage but I don't think I could give up my Philips Sonicare yet

10. July 22, 2015 / 8:45 pm

I just wish the bristles were thinner 🙁

11. July 22, 2015 / 10:59 pm

I feel like I'd love this for gum massaging, haha, but it wouldn't be strong enough to give me a good clean.

12. July 22, 2015 / 11:23 pm

Sounds like maybe too gentle for me, but a good product for someone with a sensitive mouth!

13. July 23, 2015 / 12:56 am

I have the worst teeth. I'm extremely meticulous about brushing and flossing, but they are still so prone to cavities 🙁 I use a braun electric brush now, it was quite expensive, and it's about 4 years old (the base not the bristles LOL). I've heard mixed reviews on this, but I'm not sure it would help my rebellious teeth.

14. July 23, 2015 / 2:08 am

In spite of what everyone thinks of me, I have a small mouth. I think this would be too big for it.

15. July 23, 2015 / 2:36 am

I don't think this would work for me. I always end up with cavities every time I go to the dentist– "gentle" is not for me.

16. July 23, 2015 / 3:27 am

I don't know about this… Just looking at it makes me not want to rub it on my teeth lol

17. July 23, 2015 / 4:01 am

I'm intrigued, but I think I'll wait for a second generation and see if they make it with smaller, stiffer bristles.

18. July 23, 2015 / 5:01 am

I prefer a softer tooth brush but I just worry this wouldn't make my mouth feel clean.

19. July 23, 2015 / 6:36 am

I am totally getting around to trying this. I have my concerns for sure. I know that if it doesnt work for me that it will be great for Raegan though.

20. July 23, 2015 / 10:12 pm

Hmm, not sure this is a product that I would try – I do like that squeaky clean feeling on my teeth.

21. July 24, 2015 / 3:18 am

I really wanted to try this, but I really don't know if it would be for me.

22. July 24, 2015 / 4:45 am

I think the soft bristles would realty take some time getting used to, but it's just such an interesting gadget that I still want to try it.