Summer is all about bronzed glowing skin and while some of you are probably starting to enjoy all of Spring’s niceties, it’s never too early to rock this stunning hue like a true diva. If you watched the recent Billboard Music Awards, bronze makeup was the clear-cut choice amongst stars from J Lo to Zendaya to Rita Ora to Chrissy Teigen (who by the way appeared so uncomfortable and drunk while hosting, don’t you think so?). Applied correctly, it elevates your makeup game from simple to glam.
Like highlighting, bronzing calls for harmony and balance. Choose one or two features to focus on and keep the rest toned down. Bronze metallic eyes look good with matte red or nude lips. Bronze lips look fabulous with dark smokey eyes. Here are five ways to rock summer’s hottest color:
1. Bronze (and highlight) like a rock star. Choose a universal shade that doesn’t look muddy or orange. You want a sunkissed aura, not mama oompa. Released last year sumner, I have talked and hyped so much about Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow (full review here). It’s a great contouring shade for fair-skinned ladies and overall bronzer for medium bellas. Use pointed brush to contour and fluffy brush to bronze, at least that’s how I maximize this gem. Go ahead highlight because why not.
2. Eyes, eyes baby. My favorite purchase to-date, I am enabling you to splurge without guilt because you need Tom Ford Cream and Powder Eye Color Naked Bronze (review and swatch here) in your life. It’s creme de la creme literally. Longevity is phenomenal, pigmentation is over the top fabulous!
3. Line all the things. Give black eyeliner a break and opt for metallic bronze. It is sexy without even trying. Try Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Ro(cocoa). It is waterproof and smudge-free, something to consider for the beach babe in you.
4. Stunning pout. Choose lipstick or gloss that has micro shimmer or sheen finish to render a modern vibe. Ready for sexy summer date nights? pair bronze lips with uber dark smokey eye makeup (think blue black or army green). Guerlain Rouge Automatique Tonka Imperial is a classic example (see swatch and review here)
5. Glam gams. Truth be told, bronzing shimmer oil is my ultimate summer must-rock. Like c’mon, if you’ll be wearing shorts or cute summer dress, take it up a notch! Cult-fave Lucy B Bronze Body Shimmer Oil is made with organic ingredients like coconut, jojoba, sunflower oil, among others. It has subtle luminosity, legs-a-glowin‘ but never overwhemin’
Convinced enough to wear bronze? tell me you are!