Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette (Review, Swatch)

Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette, Review, Swatch, neutral palette, urban decay naked palette, urban decay naked 1, urban decay naked 2, urban decay naked 3

There’s a plethora of amazing neutral palettes lately; question is, which one inevitably lands in one’s cart? Still part of my Sephora VIB Rouge haul, Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette features 12 eyeshadows in neutral, cool and warm shades arranged in quads for quick application guide.

urban decay naked 1, urban decay naked 2, urban decay naked 3, Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette, Review, Swatch, neutral palette

I know what you’re thinking, another contour palette? Look past the name because you can use any palette or eye shadow for that matter if your sole goal is to alter the shape and/or add dimension to your eyes. Simply put, Kat Von D Shade + Light is another palette-full of matte eyeshadows, predominantly brown, easy to blend, and favorably pigmented which can take you from day to night, darling to diva, hooded to wide-eyes (tutorial here), thanks to makeup tricks you have probably mastered by now.

Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette, Review, Swatch, neutral palette, urban decay naked 2, urban decay naked 1, urban decay naked 3

Longevity-wise, these eye shadows held up well way past nine hours with very minimal fading (applied over eye primer). If you (un)intentionally hit the gym with makeup on, you’re safe from the big panda eyes because these don’t melt or smudge with sweat.

Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette, Review, Swatch, neutral palette, sytry,succubius,samael,lucius

Kat Von D is no stranger to public backlash due to imaginative and sometimes risquΓ© names attached to her products; with that said, I won’t be surprised if this palette becomes controversial again because some of these eyeshadow names are “demonic” i.e Sytry, Succubus, Shax, Saleos, Lucius, Samael. Fictional characters, yes they are but as to why these names, I don’t have the slightest clue. I am not a preacher’s wife and I’m not speaking holier than thou, let’s just say that my curious mind led me to research further, period

smokey eyes, how to smokey eyes, smokey eyes tutorial, Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette, Review, Swatch, neutral palette

Will you be purchasing this palette?

1. April 29, 2015 / 8:57 am

I think this is so lovely and may end up buying it, but I can't really say I NEED more neutral shadows at this point. The colors just look really nice … and I do like those shade names! I appreciate it when makeup utilizes interesting or unusual themes. It was nice of you to point that out, I think KVD shade names tend to be a little more interesting than other brands, but I know I don't always catch the references.

Beauty Loon

2. April 29, 2015 / 1:07 pm

I've been thinking about purchasing this one. It seems like you can do just about everything with it!

3. April 29, 2015 / 2:32 pm

Lovely palette. If I had to get another neutral palette, this is one I'd get.

4. April 29, 2015 / 4:12 pm

This looks like a nice mix of shades with great pigmentation! I haven't actually tried any KVD products ever so far, but I intend to change that soon πŸ˜‰

5. April 29, 2015 / 5:14 pm

This palette is like the perfect shades of neutral. I just bought the Kat Von D Intersteller Palette and I think I need this one too ASAP! It will be mine. lol.. xxo

6. April 29, 2015 / 5:26 pm

Such a great looking palette. If it didn't look rather similar to the Viseart Matte Palette that I have, I would go for it based on looks alone. And the names don't bother me in the least!

7. April 29, 2015 / 6:05 pm

These shades look great on you. I came thisclose to purchasing this palette during the VIB sale. Alas… Budget and I had to make choices. I'll get it, soon. Because neutrals. Matte. Yeah. I don't mind edgy cosmetics names. She released one lipstick with a name that raised my hackles, hard. But that one is a real red hot button for me, for reasons.

8. April 29, 2015 / 7:02 pm

Wow, this is the perfect neutral palette! Gorgeous swatches and EOTD! That was money well spent!

9. April 29, 2015 / 7:30 pm

Nice palette. It definitely gives you a great range of neutral shades.

10. April 29, 2015 / 7:49 pm

This looks like a versatile and lovely matte palette! Love the swatches and the EOTD. πŸ™‚

11. April 29, 2015 / 9:36 pm

I so want this, but I'm keeping myself from buy more neutrals right now!

12. April 29, 2015 / 9:58 pm

I wanted this before but I am OBSESSED with it now! I love the look you did!

13. April 29, 2015 / 10:48 pm

This is so pretty and the swatches are everything. I've lost count of the neutral palettes I've bought recently and I'm saving for a major Tom Ford-Charlotte Tilbury binge but this IS tempting. I don't mind the names, they show some imagination – if I see another neutral palette with Neutral, Earth, Exposed, Malt, Sand, Naked, Nude, Undressed, Revealed, Monty, Champagne, Brick and Buff, I'll scream and scream till I'm sick.

14. April 29, 2015 / 11:32 pm

I won't be purchasing this palette because I need to stay strong but damn girl you're making it hard. Great pics of this palette and I love the look you did.

15. April 30, 2015 / 12:36 am

I wish Shax was more opaque– I tend to judge a palette's quality by their blacks πŸ˜›

16. April 30, 2015 / 1:38 am

I went to Sephora and not many things caught my eyes except THIS PALETTE! I love a good set of neutrals πŸ™‚

17. April 30, 2015 / 2:02 am

Such a gorgeous palette – might need to pick it up for myself πŸ™‚

18. April 30, 2015 / 2:17 am

I have looked at this over and over on Sephora. Next week I can get 10% off so I'll look again!

19. April 30, 2015 / 2:57 am

OH YEAH! That palette needs to get in my stash pronto!

20. April 30, 2015 / 3:15 am

I love the names and the swatches! Thanks so much!

21. April 30, 2015 / 5:19 pm

I had been eyeing this palette when I seen it released. I think the shades are right up my alley. Great swatches.

22. April 30, 2015 / 7:47 pm

This looks like an amazing palette, but I'm trying to be good and resist it!

23. May 1, 2015 / 1:32 am

I've been teetering back and forth with this since I have so many similar palettes now it seems! I'll probably break and buy it though!