Beauty at Any Age #foreveryoung

40 is the new 30, 40 is the new 20, tips to stay young, young at heart, laugh lines, motivational

You may or may not know that I am 40, pushing 41 in a few months. I have mentioned my age few times on the blog but I try not to capitalize on it. After all, it’s just a number. Look young, feel young. See I am not going to wear the archetypal preacher’s hat i.e makeup when you’re 40+, how to dress your age, etc. Either you do or don’t. That’s one great thing when you hit the big 4-0, you have mustered all the confidence (and hopefully smarts) to get you through the next chapters in your life.

Today’s post is rather laid-back, just like my photo above. Un-dolled, no vampy lips screaming at daylight, #tangledhairdontcare. If there is one thing being 40 has taught me, it’s facing the world with unapologetic confidence. I say thank you for the most random compliment and utter sorry only if I need too.

Beauty from the outside. I’d be lying if I claim to be low-maintenance because I am not. This beauty blog won’t even exist if I have no passion for such. While the elusive fountain of youth remains a myth buried in the deepest recesses of our hypothalamus (wishful thinking ha?), we can delay obvious signs of aging if we take care of ourselves sooner than later.

motivational, skincare 30 years old, skincare 40 years old, how to stay young, anti-aging tips

Start early with skincare.  I am a big proponent of “prevention is better than cure”. I was in my early 30s when I started using anti-aging products. Reap what you sow so yes, at 40 years young, I am happy that I have no obvious wrinkles yet!

Take good care of your neck. Lots and lots of tender loving care. Truth of the matter is, it indiscriminately reveal your true age without compassion (turkey neck). You don’t actually need to buy a separate product, just apply the same anti-aging moisturizer that you use for your face and massage over your neck and décolleté.

Wear sunscreen more than ever. Broiling yourself to get the perfect tan either under the sun or tanning bed is never a good idea. Premature aging, blame it to non or under-protection against UV rays.

Stay active, exercise, sweat it out! Increased blood flow thru exercise nourish skin cells, prevents free radical damage, boosts circulation, among others. I love a good workout glow, sweat and all! Age won’t slow you down, inactivity will.

Beauty from the inside. Whenever I hear/read this phrase, I associate it with innards and laugh with sarcasm. Beautiful bladder? gorgeous colon? c’mon speak up! But seriously, premature wrinkles can be attributed to unnecessary stress. I know it’s easier said than done but here’s how I manage it:

MYOB. Mind Your Own Business. Mind Your Own Bullshit. Don’t get yourself involved in drama and don’t start one. Unless it directly involves my immediate family, I don’t immerse my sanity with everyone else’s insanity.

Stop, take a break, the finish line is painted the same color. It’s easy to get caught up with life’s everyday hustle and bustle. When I was younger, I’m all about race, driven by materialism. Job promotion, home ownership, world travels, advanced studies, etc. I wanted to do all and achieve all before 30. While there’s nothing wrong with that mindset, it’s imperative to treat life as a journey. Enjoy every second, celebrate milestone. Stop to ponder, walk to appreciate. And yes, laugh and laugh more. Carpe diem.

Say Hi to New 30.

This is a link-up. Check out my fellow beauties and share some lurveeee!

‘);

1. April 23, 2015 / 3:10 pm

Kath you look so fabulous! I am a drama avoider too. If people want to stress themselves out I am not joining in.

• April 24, 2015 / 5:38 am

Thanks so much Leticia. Yep, nobody's got time for drama!

2. April 23, 2015 / 3:22 pm

I love how you attacked this topic. I must admit, you look amazing for 40. There are girls younger than the both of us who don't at all look as young. You also provided great tips, too. Love it.

• April 24, 2015 / 5:40 am

Thanks Kim. Overexposure to sun w/o protection is the #1 culprit to premature wrinkles. Young girls (teens) don't need to tan/overtan for the sake of "looking cool"

3. April 23, 2015 / 4:54 pm

Great tips! I also wanted to mention that age shows in your hands too. Good hand cream is a must!

4. April 23, 2015 / 5:07 pm

You're so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing all of your tips. You know I bathe in the sunscreen. Thanks for the reminder about moisturizer on the neck and decolette too.

• April 24, 2015 / 5:41 am

Thanks much! Yes, sunscreen is a girl's ally when it comes to wrinkle prevention.

5. April 23, 2015 / 5:24 pm

"MYOB. Mind Your Own Business. Mind Your Own Bullshit. Don't get yourself involved in drama and don't start one. Unless it directly involves my immediate family, I don't immerse my sanity with everyone else's insanity." Could I just give a big "HELL YEAH" to that?! Getting involved in with others' BS is just stressful and Ain't Nobody Got Time For THAT!

• April 24, 2015 / 5:42 am

LOL Jessica! Yep, no time for drama here! I don't even watch drama movies, lol!

6. April 23, 2015 / 6:02 pm

You are so pretty, I agree avoid drama and stress. Especially people who seek it out, when there is no reason for it. I have started meditation and taking some me time which really helps me collect myself.

• April 24, 2015 / 5:43 am

OMG, I know a lot of people who are drama seekers and creators. Yes, I disconnected the ties.

7. April 23, 2015 / 6:45 pm

You look amazing. Loved this post. We all need to remember beauty starts from the inside.

• April 24, 2015 / 5:43 am

Thanks Cindy. I agree, plus no amount of makeup can cover an ugly soul!

8. April 23, 2015 / 7:00 pm

Great tips. Your skin looks amazing and you look so young.

9. April 23, 2015 / 8:12 pm

Still don't believe you're 10 years older than me. 😉 You look amazing and the one I can't wait to get back into is exercising. I really want to take up Yoga and get back into Zumba.

• April 24, 2015 / 5:45 am

Thanks Krystal. Wish I can turn back time, lol! I'll be your cheerer as you gyrate! Zumba and Yoga are great!

10. April 23, 2015 / 8:27 pm

I so enjoyed reading your thoughts. I admire how confident, comfortable and cool with yourself you are. I'd like t be more like that, when I grow up.

11. April 23, 2015 / 9:07 pm

Love your thoughts. <3 I am going to be #foreveryoung too haha

12. April 23, 2015 / 9:59 pm

Beautiful! And I am so glad you mentioned the importance of exercise (and taking care of your neck!) in maintaining a youthful and healthy look.

13. Rachel R.
    April 23, 2015 / 10:47 pm

Yes, yes, yes to the sunscreen, and avoiding to much sun.

14. April 24, 2015 / 1:13 am

Girl, preach! I can sign next to every one of those points. You look fantastic, and you know it <3

15. April 24, 2015 / 1:57 am

Great tips!! I have been using skincare products for years so I hope it will show when I'm in my 40s and 50s!

16. April 24, 2015 / 3:08 am

You don't look 40 and if you keep on this track you never will!!

17. April 24, 2015 / 6:57 am

Can I have your skin NOW? You look nowhere near your age! I need to work in more exercise, skincare, neck care and de-stressing AND sleep into my routine. Sigh.

18. April 24, 2015 / 12:21 pm

Mind your own beeswax is the best advice. I think this is something a lot of younger girls should learn but this is what wisdom brings with age, part of which I LIVE for begin in our 40's. BTW if you had told me you were 40, I'd have not believed it! 🙂

19. April 24, 2015 / 4:12 pm

MYOB YES. IDK why people want to be in everyone else's business. Nosy. Drama. Concentrate on yourself.

20. April 24, 2015 / 9:03 pm

I definitely attribute some of my youthfulness to my low tolerance for drama. I love how the kids say it now: Not my circus, not my monkeys. lol! Drama brings on the wrinkles!

21. April 25, 2015 / 3:10 pm

What an amazing post, twinsy. Beauty from the inside, indeed! You rock it on the inside and the outside!

22. April 26, 2015 / 1:32 am

This is such a great post and a topic. I turn 30 this year (today actually!) and have been thinking about aging and all that fun stuff. In the end you just gotta do you, and slather on some SPF in the process!