So how do you get voluminous diva-hair ala Mariah Carey and JLo at the comfort of your own home? VOLOOM it!
The left photo is my natural hair, you can see it’s lifeless at the crown area. Some days it has waves and frizz but I soaked it in hair mask the day before so it looks behaved and nice. I’m not big on teasing and laborious hairstyling but I do love me some glamorous sexy hair! On your right is what I call the Great Voloom-ized aftermath; with hair this long, would you believe I styled it under five minutes? yep, no teasing and hairspray involved! Scroll down to learn more about my exciting discovery and a quick tutorial on how to use this nifty tool!
For starter, VOLOOM is a hair volumizing iron like no other. Regardless of your hair length, it promises to add pizzazz to bad hair days, height to updos, and fullness to flat boring hair.
Retailing for $129.99 (limited offer 30 day risk-trial, three installments of $43.33, free shipping), it comes with sectioning brush, 3 grip clips and travel pouch.
The secret is in the beveled ceramic-coated plates which lift the under-layers of the hair. It heats up fast (with adjustable setting). It’s not heavy which makes maneuvering easy peasy.
Once you turn it on, it defaults to 395 heat setting (press + or – to adjust to your desired heat preference).
Now that you’ve seen the major parts, let me show you how to transform second-day drab hair to fab!
1) Part your hair as you normally would. Use the sectioning brush to make your life easy, especially if you’re dealing this monster-of-a-hair!
2) Use the grip clip to separate the under layers from your outer hair.
3) Grab few pieces of hair, then clamp using VOLOOM.
4) Patience is a virtue, work by sections hija.
5) More volume means more work on the under layers.
6) Focus where you want to create volume. If you want the crown area to mid-section, work your way down and stop clamping mid-way.
7) Got carried away with your diva hair that you forgot to turn off/unplug VOLOOM? good thing it shuts off automatically after 30 minutes of non-use.
Sans hairspray and mousse, my volumized hair lasted from day to night.
The possibilities are endless. Do you envision hair tutorials in the near future? I do.
I received this product via iFabbo. As per usual, I speak my mind.