So I’m staring here nonchalantly like a nomad, perplexed as to the whole point of writing a beauty resolution when I can’t think of none. As far as habits go, I know I have been meticulous with washing my brushes every so often, removing my makeup as soon as I get home, bathing daily, the works! Moi can’t be spotless-perfect lest I get accused of being delusional so after extracting my brain cells repeatedly, I think I have a decent list to present to y’all. Here they are…
1) Don’t limit my world to all things Sephora. I admit to have been bitten by Sephora’s VIB Rouge bug, so bad that subliminally I have to spend ridiculous amount of money to keep the “prestigious” badge. Is there really a benefit to this so-called status besides peddling to your own makeup addiction? If you talk about early access to sale, occasional 25 or 20% discount, and sneak peek of newly-launched products, then pointblank I’m going to refute and say that there is NO extra or special advantage at all. When I shop online, my package is not delivered lightning-fast and wrapped in scented paper or 24k gold leaf. When I go to the store, there is no red carpet, bottle of champagne or confetti waiting for me. I see you almost spit your coffee. But you get my point, right? We are all treated the same: makeup-loving consumers from all walks of life. Ergo, this “point status” is just a brilliant marketing ploy to entice you and me to spend our benjamins mindlessly.
2) Strive to empty out. I used to post products empties two years ago and by some twist of fate, I just stopped. Well, I only have myself to blame: consumerism at its finest, bow! With the help of the Frugal Fairy, I hope to do better this year, finish up and work on my inventory of skincare, makeup, etc. Wish me luck zillas!
3) Get better with faux lashes. I am not big on falsies and I hardly wear ’em. This year, I want to amp up my makeup journey. Not that I will be rocking tarantula or glitter lashes in scrub suits and gloves…but who knows, hahaha!
4) Revive DIY. I enjoy DIY projects; in fact when I started this blog, I have weekly DIYs from masks to earrings to smoothies. But I have plenty of time back in the day so it’s going to be a real challenge for me but as the adage goes, “if there’s a will, there’s a way”.
5) Be nice to my cuticles. Busted! I pick them whenever, wherever. I admire you nail bloggers for keeping your nails healthy and cuticles non-existent. From now on, I will pay more attention to my neglected cuticles, promise!
This is a collaborative post so hop around and see what my fellow beauty bloggers from The Beauty Council have to say!
39 thoughts on “My Beauty Resolutions, For Real!”
Have you heard of Sephora's Flash program? They're just launching it, which makes VIB Rouge much less useful in terms of shipping.
That's awesome! Thanks for the heads up
Loving your resolution #1! I used to spend an obscene amount at Sephora, that was before they had Rouge program, and then realized that I'd rather shop around because the perks are really not worth it. Now I buy things where I can get a better deal or a nice GWP, like at Nordies or Macy's.
Add Neiman Marcus, esp during Cyber Monday sales!
Lmao I just need to stay home and away from online shopping and I should be fine, Sephora wont find me here!
Smartest resolution, evah!
OMG girl I am totally with you. I keep telling myself that staying Rouge is totally worth it. I mean spending $1000 a year for free shipping technically. lol… And the limited VIB Rouge colors are a perk too. lol. We can be each others motivators, EMPTIES to come. lol… Great post love these resolutions! xxo
I know right? Neiman Marcus and Nordies ship free regardless of the price! I'm posting my first empties soon so I dare you, lol
Heh! Heh! I also made lashes a goal. I'ma going to be checking up on you, Lady!
checking on you too, lol
I've been shopping more at Ulta this past year, primarily due to their rewards program and GWP's. Granted, they don't have many of the higher end brands, which is when I gravitate towards Sephora. I do about 90% of my shopping online.
Same here, most of my shopping is done online. I haven't shopped at ULTA in a great while (online because we don't have store here in HI)…
I need to empty out my products too lol. My stash keeps growing by the minute and it's kinda scary lol!
scary addiction i may say, lol
Great resolutions! I usually try to empy old product before purchasing new one, but well, sometimes I still find that there are some half empty bottles and jars in my bathroom.
I can relate. Hub says our bathroom is looking like a store now, ouch!
Those are absolutely great beauty resolutions! I did the first one myself last year. I got the emails of "Spend $35 and extend your VIB through 2015" last month and just decided "Nope, not gonna do it." I'm really glad I cut that relationship because like you said, no champagne, confetti or red carpet for me when I walked in.
I know right? oh add the "thank you" from sales associate for being "rouge", lol!
I honestly couldn't think of any, but now that I see your list I definitely need to improve with faux lashes. So there's one, lol! Love your list.
These are great resolutions! I've never been a strictly Sephora shopper but I am glad they've rolled out the flash shipping option.
I'm trying to do #3 too!
Great resolutions, Kath!
YES on #1. I lost my VIB status this year. And you know what? I ain't even sad.
girl… I miss watching your DIY videos on YouTube… so I definitely would love to see you do that again. 🙂 Yes for #1 – I'm glad I don't always buy, but man… too much and I should expand.
I definitely need to branch out from Sephora as well. They can be hit or miss for sure.
I'm obsessed with DIYs! I even got my daughter into it.
I need to pay attention to my cuticles too!
LOL @ knowing that there is world outside of Sephora. I completely get that. I am so very limited to Sephora and Ulta, too. Good luck on your missions!
I'm branching out from Sephora this year too, bad thing is I'll probably spend just as much money.
Totally with you on emptying out. Using dibs and dabs of this and that is fun but nothing ever gets finished!
OMG the Sephora one- the struggle is real for me. I feel like because I'm Rouge I have to shop there and it's the stupidest thing ever because there is no reason to be rouge.
I forget to check Macy's or Nordies, too. Thanks for the reminder!
I deff want faux lashes
It's good to branch out!
Great resolutions! I'd love to empty out more, as well! That's a struggle I really have! 🙂
Agreed on all, I might as well just copy these! Especially the cuticles lol
Revive DIY high five!!!
Yes I think a lot of us fell into the Rouge trap.
Great resolutions!!! I love false lashes and wear them every time I wear makeup! I literally have no lashes at all ( not literally BUT they are just about non-existent so they give me a burst of confidence ) I really need to use up a lot more of the makeup I already own before I pick up more. Let's see how long that lasts LOL