January Empties :: GlamGlow, A Girl’s Gotta Spa, L’Occitanne

Product Empties, Glamglow Powermud, L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Cleansing Foam, A Girl's Gotta Spa, Review

photo affiliate_zps2b86e73c.png

I told you I’m serious with my #2 beauty resolution: strive to empty out. Blame beauty blogging and blog reading, these two go hand in hand when it comes to enabling, procuring and hoarding. So in my attempt to cut impulse purchases, I am conditioning myself to finish what’s in my possession then evaluate if a repurchase is indeed necessary.

Already repurchased. As mentioned here, Powermud is my favorite out of all Glamglow variants. It tingles the least and transforms into a cleansing oil as you rinse it. It smells like freshly-peeled apple and feels slightly gritty on application. My face feels fresh, taut and supple, enough reasons to justify its $69-tag (1.7 oz/ 50g).

I will repurchase if there are other scents to choose from. The brainchild of fellow beauty blogger Shannon from A Girl’s Gotta Spa, Energizing Citrus Salt Scrub ($35, 10 oz/ 283.5g) is a good all-natural, paraben-free exfoliant. With winter comes dry and parched skin so it was pretty fast for me to consume this tub. I like citrus but I want variety when it comes to body care. In fact, I hoard different scents if I adore a certain product to death. With that said, I hope to see vanilla, rose, peony or even ocean breeze as Shannon expands her product line.

I will repurchase only when. L’Occitane Immortelle Precious Cleansing Foam smells utterly divine, I can sniff it all day! I received a deluxe size during my epic Black Friday haul. But with so many facial cleansers I still have to finish, it may take a while for me to buy this in full size.

What about you, ‘got any products you finished lately? fill me in!

1. January 28, 2015 / 8:40 am

I can't seem to justify spending the money on GlamGlow, but I've received a few samples and it's amazing. You do seem to have some pretty good justifications ;), but is it really worth the price tag?

Shandi Messmer / The Bronzed and The Beautiful

• January 30, 2015 / 7:16 am

Yes, I tried other glamglow variants but didn't like 'em. This is the best among them, IMO

2. January 28, 2015 / 10:44 am

Loved reading your empties post! I need to try Powermud, especially if it doubles as a cleansing oil. I've tried the Youth mud and love it, but I've wished it didn't tingle so much, particularly on unenergetic days, and this sounds perfect!

• January 30, 2015 / 7:17 am

You will enjoy as you rinse it because it does feel good…way better than other glamglow masks

3. January 28, 2015 / 12:16 pm

I've resolved to power through my horde of products before repurchasing as well. Things have gotten a bit out of hand 🙂

4. January 28, 2015 / 1:25 pm

I want to try that Glam Glow one! I think that's the only one I haven't tried yet!

5. January 28, 2015 / 2:36 pm

Love seeing that you used all the salt scrub! Next scent later this year will be Lavender. But, I love your idea for peony for a future scent!

6. January 28, 2015 / 3:06 pm

We really are on the same page, my Empties post is going live tomorrow! You did an excellent job using up full size products, and keeping to your resolution to empty out! My monthly Empties post keeps me motivated to use what I have, rather than to continually over-purchase things that I really don't need!

• January 30, 2015 / 7:19 am

I read your post today, you are sooooo good finishing 7 full size products!

7. January 28, 2015 / 3:27 pm

I'm constantly finishing my holy grail cleanser, the May Lindstrom "The Clean Dirt". And one of my favorite masks- the La Bella Figura Bio Active Purifying Mask. I think those are the only things in my stash that I ever empty out lol.

8. January 28, 2015 / 5:54 pm

I need to work on finishing things..I'm seduced by new and fabulous!

9. January 28, 2015 / 6:32 pm

I love seeing your empties!

10. January 28, 2015 / 8:01 pm

I am soooooo far behind about doing an empties post that I have over 30 products. I've gotta pick & choose a few to write about. I go through skincare stuff like crazy!

11. January 28, 2015 / 10:49 pm

I need to be better at emptying a product before purchasing more. The only thing I'm good at that with is mascara it seems!

12. January 29, 2015 / 1:01 am

I picked up three items from Glam Glow this week. Not sure why so many but the sales girl tell me that they're the best.

• January 30, 2015 / 7:21 am

powermud is my only fave from glamglow… i want to know your thoughts about 'em

13. January 29, 2015 / 1:15 am

I love my GlamGlow thirsty mud, so now I'm tempted to try this one

14. January 29, 2015 / 1:34 am

Girl, I finished quite a pile of stuff this month! But I tried that Glamglow Powermud, and was really impressed with it, too. I'm swimming in great cleansers right now, but I think it's a worthy purchase.

15. January 29, 2015 / 1:52 am

Yaaay! I see Shannon's scrub! I have yet to try it but you know it's good when you empty it. Woot!

16. Stonegirl
    January 29, 2015 / 2:41 am

I've never tried glamglow. It's on my list now!

17. January 29, 2015 / 3:18 pm

I wish I could keep my empties long enough to do a post!

18. January 29, 2015 / 4:25 pm

I'm impressed that you were able to have so many empties recently! I have such a problem emptying ANYTHING but have been trying to do it too. I'm almost done with one of my body washes (finally).

19. January 29, 2015 / 6:25 pm

I love seeing empties! I currently have an overflowing empties bag that I need to post but still haven't gotten to.. .Oops? 🙂

20. January 29, 2015 / 6:48 pm

Yay for empties… I am interested in trying that particular Glam glow as the others all hardened on me within a month and no salvage. Since you liked this one… I think I'll try it.

• January 30, 2015 / 7:23 am

this didn't harden at all, at least from my experience

21. January 30, 2015 / 1:30 am

I've totally not been impressed with other GlamGlow products probably because I'm so dry but this really appeals to me!!! I might need it!

22. January 30, 2015 / 12:58 pm

I am trying to finish up products, too. The past few years I have been guilty of using half then buying something new. Such a waste!