press samples #MirabellaNYEBeauty #thebeautycouncil
Whether you’re heading out for New Year’s Eve or the designated Hostess with the Mostest, looking fabulous should be effortless and fast. As we bid goodbye to 2014, select members of The Beauty Council collaborated to bring our best face forward in 2015 featuring Mirabella Faerie Collection.
My favorite from the collection, this Swirling Pearl is the perfect way to illuminate your face sans glitters. I use it to highlight my cheekbones, inner eye corner, cupid’s bow and nose bridge.
Soft and cushiony, Myth/Visionary is a unique cream-to-powder chocolate bronze eyeshadow. If you’re partying from dusk to dawn, it’s best to apply eye primer first, followed by Myth, then set with eyeshadow.
Gossamer and Luminosity Colour Luxe Lip Gloss are must-haves for the neutral-loving lippy junkie. Both have delectable vanilla scent, vitamin-enriched and provide antioxidant protection. Gossamer is rosy pink while Luminosity is sparkly nude.
Curious to see how I have incorporated the Mirabella Faerie Collection into my NYE look? Here’s a quick tutorial:
1) Start with a clean canvass. Wash face, tone and moisturize. Apply face primer if you’re partying all night.
2) Apply foundation and concealer as you normally would. Set with powder as necessary.
3) Apply eye primer, then layer with Myth eyeshadow.
4) To intensify, apply a similar shade eyeshadow on top.
5) Darken outer corner with plum eyeshadow, blending mid way to the crease.
6) Blend and transition with orange gold eyeshadow.
7) Smudge Myth and plum eyeshadow along lower lash line.
8) Highlight brow bone and inner eye corner with Swirling Pearl.
9) Use liquid liner for a classic flick (cat eyes).
10) Line waterline with black eyeliner.
11) Apply mascara (or faux lashes).
12) Apply and blend light bronze on the side of the face, forehead and jawline.
13) Highlight cheekbone, cupid’s bow and nose bridge with Swirling Pearl.
14) Line and fill in lips with nude lip liner.
15) Apply Gossamer lip gloss, then layer with Luminosity at the center of the lips.
Wishing you a fabulous and prosperous 2015!
22 thoughts on “Fast and Fabulous New Year’s Eve Look”
The highlight looks fantastic on you!
Absolutely stunning look, Kath! I want that highlighter!
Thanks much! I think you'l like the highlighter
Great tutorial and beautiful look!
Love that Myth-terious smoky eye!
Myth-inks you'll like that e/s!
I love how MYTH looks on you ! & The gloss is perfection.
Thanks Betzy. It was a great collab w/ you ladies
Stunning Kath! That's all I can say – perfection! <3
Thanks much mama!
A stunning look and great tutorial.
Thank you Erika
Your cheekbones look FIERCE!
The magic of highlighting 🙂
I love the look and the highlighter on you is just fabulous. You are working it!
Gorgeous look, girlie!
I need everything in this look! OMG it all looks amazing!
You look stunning! The highlighter is my favorite also
I love love love what you did on your eyes, I'll try to recreate it next time I use this eye shadow! Gorgeous!