Murad and City of Hope : Where Hope is Beautiful

On its fourth year now, skincare brand Murad joined forces with City of Hope to raise funds for awareness and treatment for women cancer programs. City of Hope is a leading treatment and research center for cancer, diabetes and other serious health conditions which helped patients and their families for over 100 years.

For the month of October, Murad created a limited edition called Hydrate for Hope featuring Hydro Dynamic Ultimate Moisture, a great moisturizer for dry and dehydrated skin. 10% of the proceeds will be funneled to City of Hope’s research, treatment and educational programs.

::    press sample    ::

Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture

I’m all about finding cure and prevention. Cancer does not discriminate. It strikes like a thief in the night. Based on CDC statistics (September 2014), breast cancer remains the number one type of cancer amongst women, followed by lung cancer, and colorectal cancer. In terms of mortality, lung cancer is first, followed by breast, then colorectal. Despite medical advancements and breakthroughs, it is unfortunate that cancer still prevails.

Awareness starts from within. Prevention and self-awareness go hand in hand. Noticed anything unusual? don’t ignore it and talk to your doctor sooner than later. By now, you should be doing regular self- breast exam (ideally one week after your menstrual period so breasts are less lumpy or tender). It’s not a diagnostic measure but it makes you aware of abnormalities that maybe happening such as change in the size of breast, dimpling, scaly nipple, unexplained pain, among others. If you have family history of cancer, talk to your doctor about genetic testing. Remember, prevention is key.

1. October 25, 2014 / 9:45 pm

I keep hoping for a cure for cancer and donating for cancer research.

2. October 25, 2014 / 10:14 pm

I love the cause, and I pray that the cure is found in our lifetime and that many people can see the light for life! <3 What a beautiful bag – definitely going to look into getting it or at least donating more.

3. October 25, 2014 / 10:45 pm

The bag that comes with this set is cute. A friend of mine – her best friend died last night from breast cancer, so very, very young. And a couple years ago, the girl's mother passed away from it. My heart breaks for my friend today. Hoping we can find a cure for cancer, period.

• October 26, 2014 / 5:39 am

It makes me sad to hear/read this. Cancer hits close to home, really….

4. October 25, 2014 / 10:48 pm

I so appreciate this more than the standard pink ribbon awareness stuff. City of Hope is a great organization!

• October 26, 2014 / 5:40 am

Yes, I agree with you. Awareness has reached its peak that some marketers "abuse" it for profit

5. October 25, 2014 / 11:01 pm

A nice set, and an excellent cause! My mom had breast cancer that was miraculously caught very early. She got her mammogram results in the mail saying it was normal, but at the same time a very vigilant radiologist reread her films and saw a shadow and called her back for an immediate biopsy– her vigilance saved my mom's life!

• October 26, 2014 / 5:41 am

Thanks to the radiologist indeed. I'm happy to know your mom is doing better.

6. October 26, 2014 / 12:35 am

It's nice that companies are donating a portion of their proceeds to research.

7. October 26, 2014 / 1:05 am

I love that the brand is giving more than just the standard ten cents (or other pathetically low number) just to get in on BCA sales. Good for Murad. The moisturizer sounds great too.

8. October 26, 2014 / 3:25 am

I personally have chosen to not have the genetic testing. You can have the BRCA genes and not get cancer, just as you can not have the BRCA genes and still get cancer. I prefer to go with the flow and when my time comes, that will be that.

9. October 26, 2014 / 4:09 am

Cool set, and it sounds like a good cause.

10. October 26, 2014 / 4:39 am

This sounds like a great organization ! Becaue I have heard the other ribbon pink works with brands that help cancer evolve.

11. October 26, 2014 / 6:48 am

I'm glad to hear Murad is getting involved with City of Hope.

12. October 27, 2014 / 4:25 am

I love that companies do this… it is so important. Love this set… great job Murad.

13. October 29, 2014 / 12:23 am

Murad is one of those brands I definitely need to try more of!