Right off the bat I’ll tell you now, get this brush set before it’s gone! At $39.99 ($45+ in Hawaii), this is the best limited release I have ever purchased from the Sonia Kashuk line . A Target exclusive, I was more than ecstatic to see this set, the one and only up for display on that fateful Saturday morn’. Serendipity, who knows.
In a nutshell, this set contains 15 brushes which makes beauty routine easy peasy for the lady, noob or not:
1) Powder brush
2) Blusher brush
3) Duo-fiber buffing brush (for foundation)
4) Synthetic angled multipurpose brush (best for foundation)
5) Contour brush
6) Foundation brush
7) Concealer brush
8) Blending brush
9) Crease brush (my #1 favorite)
10) Small eyeshadow brush
11) Fluffy eyeshadow brush
12) Precision smudge brush
13) Synthetic angled liner brush (best for eyebrows)
14) Smudge brush
How can you not love the burgundy handle and purple bristles? all of them are surprisingly soft and the overall quality are indeed comparable to high-end labels! No exaggeration…
|brushes for the face|
|brushes for the eyes|
I’ve been using these brushes for over two weeks now so I thought of showing you how I use them in my day-to-day makeup application. Get ready with me in ten minutes, promise!
1) For BB cream and/or foundation, I prefer using the synthetic angled multipurpose brush. It allows me to seamlessly apply and blend the foundation and since it’s a bit angled, it’s easy to get around the corners of my nose and under the eyes.
2) To mask the dreaded dark circles, I used the small concealer brush for application.
3) After that, I used a flat foundation brush to blend as it covers a much wider area.
4) While letting the foundation/concealer to meld into the skin, I tackled my poor eyebrows with the angled liner brush.
5) Let’s continue with the eye makeup. Today I decided to start with my crease. This Sonia Kashuk crease brush is my favorite eye brush to-date. It’s great for us ladies with monolids. The size is small yet dense enough to locate and define the “missing” crease.
6) And then I used the flat eyeshadow brush to pack on eyeshadow on the lids.
7) Another favorite from the set, I used the fluffy blending brush to blend and buff, what else.
8) To highlight my brow bone/ arch, I used the thicker eyeshadow brush.
9) I brushed my eyebrows using a spoolie.
10) Struggling or afraid to poke your eyeballs? I shared some tips on tightlining here.
11) With the small smudge brush, I applied dark eyeshadow on my lower lash line.
12) Then I lined my water line with ultra-black eyeliner.
13) Then I set the concealer and BB cream with finely-milled powder using powder brush.
14) Lashes are boring without curls…
15) And a coat or two of black mascara.
16) Then I applied bronzer to warm my ever so dull face.
17, 18, 19) I used the large powder brush to apply bronzer on the side of my face and under the jaw.
20) What is makeup sans lipstick. ‘Nuff said.
Other products used (reviews are linked):
Guerlain Super Aqua Serum BB Hydra+
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (Custard)
Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade (Dark Brown)
Tarte Limited Edition Amazonian Clay V1 Palette (eye makeup)
Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon (Blacquer)
BECCA Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder (to set concealer/ BB cream)
Hourglass Film Noir Mascara
Givenchy Terre Exotique Healthy Glow Powder (bronzer/blush)
Tom Ford Lip Color (Casablanca)
Shop le stash (affiliate)
51 thoughts on “Get Ready With Me feat. Sonia Kashuk 15th Anniversary Limited Edition Professional Brush Set :: Review and Demo”
The brushes do look really awesome.
What a fantastic brush set. Love the purple.
OMG, these brushes look amazing! And I love that they're purple!
yes, purple is the perfect color for this set
Beautifullllll! I love these brushes, they feel like silk on my face!
yes, I'm repurchasing in case I see this set again
This is a great ringing endorsement for this set! And one of the best brush reviews I've read!
awww, you're so sweet. I thought, what else to say for a brush set except to show 'em in action
You are simply gorgeous. Thanks for this great step-by-step for using this makeup brush set. 🙂
my pleasure. thanks so much
Mine are still waiting to be washed! I have to use them ASAP now.
use them now 🙂
I have this brush set and love it so much I bought a set for my daughter and a set for her friend lol.
that's so cool you gave them this set! start 'em young
I am sooo happy that I pulled the trigger on this brush set when I saw them on the Target website. They are so nice.
Your makeup look… Flawless fabulousity, as usual.
it's a great purchase! Thanks much Erika
These brushes are the prettiest ever!
These brushes look amazing and I love the look you created!
I love the look of these, so pretty!
I thought about getting this brush set because it's purple. I want that contour bush omg.
i know you have gazillions brushes already but i say go get it 🙂
Your look is so pretty!
These brushes are super gorgeous. love the entire post and the get ready with you. Beautiful set of brushes and you look amazing as always 🙂
thanks much my friend. I just want to give this review a different twist 🙂
Best review on these brushes! I finally got a set after all the hoopla and telling myself I was going to skip! They are SUPER soft and wonderful! <3
Thanks Taneja! Great purchase for the price ha!
Great review! I love seeing all the brushes in action. It's definitely on my to-buy list.
these brushes look amazing! I can't find em!
I love the look of these! Purple AND soft? Yes!! You look gorgeous!
My little heart would break if I soiled these pretty purple powder puffs with makeup 😛
I think I'm going to have to pick these up!
SOLD SOLD and love the look created 🙂
What a cute brush set! Love the purple.
I was just saying the other day how I need a new brush set — this one looks like it has everything! Perfect!
you need this for sure
Great tutorial! You look so pretty 🙂
I need these brushes!
My Target still has a couple of sets of these fab brushes!
oh luck you! i can't find it here anymore
Wow I love this step by step Kathryn! I would like to start doing some beauty posts and this is a great example of useful information delivered in an aesthetically pleasing way 🙂 Were you shooting into a mirror?
Amber at Adventures of a Rainbow Mama x
Thanks much Amber. I have the camera set up behind the mirror I'm using for makeup.
beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!
I haven't used all the brushes in this set but I love what I've used so far.
I love my set! Like Melody, I haven't used all the brushes yet. I loved seeing what you used each brush for (maybe I'm using some for the wrong thing??)
Thanks Allison. Hugs!
I just tried to snap them but couldn't find them sadly
The gorgeosity is overwhelming!!! And the brushes look great too!! 😛
I have been ebaying these like a madwoman. I feel a little conflicted because there have been some mixed reviews on the quality of these, but I am risking it anyway!! >.<
Oh, they're approval comments…whoops. so you already got my other one! sorry, not used to commenting on these….