:: affiliate ::
When it comes to season makeup trend, Fall is my absolute favorite. Dark, mysterious, smoky, there is something sexy in autumnal air. Today I’m sharing my own take on jewel-tone eyes, as inspired by Anna Sui Fall 2014 runway show. Kindly scroll down for step-by-step tutorial and list of products used.
1. Apply eye primer. I used NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base.
2. Optional but I highly encourage, apply dark green cream as base for eyelids as it will help intensify the eyeshadow more. I used Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadow in Kaki Brocart.
3. Lightly pat metallic gray on eyelids. I used the eyeshadow from Givenchy Fall 2014 Extravagancia Palette.
4. Apply and blend metallic emerald green eyeshadow on crease. I used Damaged from Urban Decay Vice 2.
5. To add dimension, overlap metallic copper on crease. I used Toxic from Urban Decay Vice 2.
6. Apply matte flesh eyeshadow on brow bone. I used Habit from Urban Decay Vice 2.
7. To make eyes bigger, line waterline with flesh-colored eyeliner. I used Rimmel Scandaleyes Nude
8. Line upper lash line with black liquid liner. I used Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper.
9. Smudge metallic green eyeliner on lower lash line. I used Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in (O)vert.
10. Apply mascara (or false lashes). I used Milani Total Lash Cover.
Other products used (reviews are linked):
Face: Guerlain Aqua Serum BB Hydra+ (Moyen/Medium), Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (Diffused Light), NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (Custard), Givenchy Terre Exotique
Eyebrows: Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade (Dark Brown)
Lips: MAC Lip Pencil (Soar), Giorgio Armani Rouge d’Armani Sheers 503
What makeup trend are you interested in trying for Fall?
41 thoughts on “Fall 2014 Makeup Trend :: Jewel-Tone Eyes (Tutorial)”
Gorgeous! You pull this look off so well!
many thanks Valesha
I must bust out of my neutrals rut and try jewel tones on my eyes. Your look is gorgeous and I am inspired.
yes, I saw your LORAC 2 palette, you should try the darker/bolder e/s. Thanks Erika
I love jewel tones, and they usually love me back. I need to try this look! It's gorgeous on you.
Thanks Nidia. Can't wait to see what yours look like
Gorgeous! I try to wear more bold eyeliner for Fall.
You look gorgeous!
Seriously beautiful!! I am obsessed literally with ever color combo you do. Jewel toned eyes and that gorgeous lippie, neutral eyes with a bright lip, all of them- simply amazing!!!
Awww thanks Jamie, you are so kind! Girly here trying her best. xo
I love jewel tones for eye makeup, this is really beautiful!
Gorgeous look! I'd probly never be able to pull it off because my eyelids stay hidden most of the time. All that dark on me just makes me look like I have a black eye 🙂 haha
This is awesome! I really love how the crease color works with the stunning lid shade.
I need to try your technique for overlapping color in the crease. Can't get over how gorgeous it is!
So stunning! That green is amazing!
Jewel tones are some of my favorite eyeshadow shades – Gorgeous look!
That emerald green is perfection!
I am obsessed with this look, in a good, non creepy way, LOVE IT!
Thanks Norah. Reading/hearing it from a pro MUA like you, I am extremely flattered
Gorgeous look! I'm loving jewel tones too. I'm really loving Laura Mercier's Tempting Green.
Thanks much! Oh I need to see that green from Laura Mercier
This is a seriously gorgeous look!
Jewel tones are my favorite for fall!
cheers to that!
You are so damn pretty. I want to play makeup with you and have you make me pretty!
aww, you are so nice. let's play makeup, that would be so awesome!
Aaah, I LOVE this look on you! So classy and pretty :).
many mahalos Deborah
Absolutely stunning Kath. I love it.
This is such a great look on you. I love the emerald.
Stunning! I love this look. I think I am going to try brights for the Fall!
A gorgeous eye look!
Girl, you can pull off anything! I love this look on you, seriously!
Thanks so much. Hugs
I am literally obsessed with this look. You my dear, are gorgeous!!