I have brain constipation at the moment, a.k.a writer’s block. Like a true incomplete evacuation, my right brain isn’t excreting creative juice so instead of straining my mind, why not stimulate it Dulcolax-style, haha! Ick, I don’t even understand the involvement of poop here, #sorrynotsorry
Few weeks ago, fellow Beauty Bloggers Honey from Honeygirlsworld and Elvira from Pink Sith did a Beauty Scenario Tag post. I enjoyed reading their responses so I thought of tagging myself *insert sad face here*, lol! From what I understand, this beauty tag is going around in Youtube but since I’m on a filming hiatus, I’ll just write my answers. Ready to ramble?
The Questions (some answers are linked to specific reviews)
1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and you can only keep one high end and one drugstore, which do you keep?
As of this writing, I don’t have any drugstore foundation in my stash but if I were to purchase one again, it will be Revlon Colorstay Whipped Cream. I hope the formula is still the same though. As for high-end, I’m currently loving Guerlain Terracota Joli Teint. It’s my choice for the summer!
2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?
Tricky question but you know what, “honesty is the best policy” so I will politely tell her that she has lipstick stain. “I hope you don’t mind Ms. XYZ but you have lipstick stain (while pointing to my own teeth)”. It also breaks the ice, only if she has humor in her bone.
3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which lipstick do you put on to make yourself feel beautiful?
This is a tough question because I love all my lippies and I go thru stages of infatuation with each one. But right now I’ll go for Bite Beauty Lip Crayon in Grape. If you want to fake the haggardness of it all, I shared my tricks here.
|How to: Makeup When You’re Sick|
4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?
I will not change a single thing because it’s fun to look back at my stupidity vis-a-vis naivety. Hairstyle you say? I had spikes, tried pixie, did bob, and permed too may times. Makeup-wise, I started rather late (18 y/o) but 90s isn’t the same without grunge so yeah, I was a fan of really dark plum lipstick even back then. Feeling some #throwback? Here’s moi 20 years ago….
5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut, but they hear wrong and give you a pixi cut. Do you a) Smile, say thank you, leave and call your mum hysterical b) Cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) Complain to the manager and demand a refund.
Didn’t I say I used to be adventurous with my hair back then? I will savor the new ‘do and wear big hoops! But if there’s one humanoid who would be in manic-panic shock mode, it’s no other than the hub because he adores my long hair soooo much.
@ Hard Rock, Bangkok, Thailand, 1999
|Still Pixi!!! Paris, France 2001
Who effin’ takes photo in the middle of a busy street?!
Stupid things you do when you’re young, ugh!
6. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which ‘do it all’ palette do you pack in your makeup bag?
My top of mind would be any of my Naked palette but it’s not a do-it- all so my new answer is Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things because it has eyeshadows, blushes and bronzers in one palette. It’s not my favorite but it’s a smart choice! And oh, I’ll throw in three lipsticks: nude, red, purple. In random order, Givenchy Rose D’ Exception, Tom Ford Lip Color Sheer Firecracker, Bite Beauty Lip Crayon Grape. My idea of city break is purely outdoors so I hope these friends got it right: swimming, hiking, ATV-ing! So I’m definitely adding sunscreen!!!!
|Kualoa Ranch, Oahu, Hawaii, 2012|
7. Your house has been robbed, don’t worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What’s the product you really hope is safe?
No-brainer, my lipstick stash!!!!! Do you want to understand this obsession? Read my post “The Lippy Phenomenon”
8. Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven’t noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs.
I’ll just give it to her because she’s my friend even if she’s damn insensitive to return it that way. But in every situation, there’s a proportionate reaction so sarcastically I’ll tell her “here, you keep it but don’t eat it” while pointing to the damage she awfully committed. C’mon girl, you have no right to be offended!
You, yes you! I tag you even if your brain is not constipated, haha!