| affiliate |
I love summer and all the frills that come with it but honestly, the extreme heat is my ultimate waterloo. I get sick, bouts of migraine, and burned if I’m not careful. That’s why take it up a notch every way possible when it comes to skincare, makeup, and even fashion. Today I’m sharing my beauty survival tips so you and I can enjoy the best of summer ever!
1. Never ever leave home without sunscreen on even when it’s cloudy. UVA and UVB rays penetrate clouds, glass, clothing, among others. UVA penetrates the skin deeper and is responsible for wrinkles, aging, leathery skin and sunspots. UVB is the culprit to burning and tanning. Regardless of the jargon, by now we should already know that prolonged exposure to UV rays without protection can cause irreversible damage like premature aging and skin cancer. Choose sunscreen that has at least SPF 30 and offers protection against UVA and UVB rays.
2. Summer is also the time for more outdoor activities. Whether you’re heading to the beach, hiking or hosting BBQ parties, wear clothes that offer sun protection. Wear wide-brimmed hats and clothes that has UPF 50+. UPF or Ultraviolet Protection Factor is the SPF equivalent to fabrics. Clothes that has UPF50+ rating provides the most protection against harmful rays.
3. Don’t forget your eyes! Prolonged unprotected solar exposure can later cause cataract and other eye problems. Choose sunglasses that blocks at least 99% of UV rays.
4. Skip heavy foundation and opt for light coverage so your skin can breathe better. Use multi-tasking products such as BB or CC cream or tinted moisturizer that has SPF. If liquid formula seems sticky and greasy to you, choose powder that has built-in sunscreen.
5. Your lips need extra protection too. Needless to say, lips are part of the body and yes, they can be damaged by sun’s harmful rays.
6. Ditch tanning beds and extreme sunbathing, they’e no good. My quick solution to sun-smooched skin? self-tanners!
7. Waterproof your makeup. This hot humid weather calls for the ultimate water fun! If you’re the type who dolls up at the beach, you need to summerize your routine. I seriously don’t but I turn to long-wearing makeups to avoid major meltdown scare when out and about.
8. Cool down and freshen up with a facial mist whether you’re indoors or outdoors.
9. Beach waves without the heat? Possible! Braid your hair loosely (ideally overnight) and spray with a texturizer the morning after.