One of my favorite summer trends is Nautical. It’s the easiest to pull off. Stripes, blue, white, red, ocean-themed accessories, I can go on and on but as with anything, overdoing it can pass for tackiness.
For this week’s #FaceFriday (where I use most of the products I have reviewed in the past), I focused on my eyes. As you can see from the photos, what I did was basic and pretty much self-explanatory. I used Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadow Bleu Soie as eyeliner for my upper lash line and Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon Th(ink) for my waterline and smudged it for lower lash line. Both products are dark blue and can be used either as eyeshadow or eyeshadow base.
Other products used:
Cover Fx Cream Concealer (G Light)
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (Diffused Light)
Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade (Dark Brown)
Diorshow Fusion Mono 821 Chimere (for eyelids)
Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon Blacquer (tightline upper lashes)
Dior Addict It-Lash (Deluxe sample)
MAC Mineralize Blush Warm Soul
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick (Liar)
Finally, here are my favorite ways to wear nautical without going overboard. The key is to pick one or two items you can incorporate in your existing wardrobe. Remember, three’s a crowd. Ready to sail?
| affiliate |
1. Step in stripes. Depending on your comfort level, wear blue or red stripes shoes. I prefer wedges because they give me the height without compromising comfort!
2. In tune with tunic. I am a huge on tunics not only during summer but practically year-round. It’s versatile, loose, light, and easy to style. Most of the time, I pair it with skinny jeans or shorts.
3. Bag it. After lipsticks, bags are my next obsession. It’s a woman thing! To make your stripes purse “the statement”, go monochromatic with your outfit (think denims and crisp white shirt). Of course, I’m speaking based on my personal style. In the end, wear whatever makes you happy.
4. White shorts. It’s the summer so show some skin woman! Leave denim shorts to the teens and wear yours white! Trust me, it’s chic and very lady-like in so many ways.
5. Under the sea accessories. Anchor-themed styles are very predictable so I’d rather incorporate something from the sea. Seahorse or sea turtles are my favorites!