One of my favorite summer trends is Nautical. It’s the easiest to pull off. Stripes, blue, white, red, ocean-themed accessories, I can go on and on but as with anything, overdoing it can pass for tackiness.
For this week’s #FaceFriday (where I use most of the products I have reviewed in the past), I focused on my eyes. As you can see from the photos, what I did was basic and pretty much self-explanatory. I used Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadow Bleu Soie as eyeliner for my upper lash line and Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon Th(ink) for my waterline and smudged it for lower lash line. Both products are dark blue and can be used either as eyeshadow or eyeshadow base.
Other products used:
YSL Top Secrets All-in-One BB Cream Skin Perfector (Medium)
Cover Fx Cream Concealer (G Light)
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (Diffused Light)
Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade (Dark Brown)
Diorshow Fusion Mono 821 Chimere (for eyelids)
Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon Blacquer (tightline upper lashes)
Dior Addict It-Lash (Deluxe sample)
MAC Mineralize Blush Warm Soul
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick (Liar)
Finally, here are my favorite ways to wear nautical without going overboard. The key is to pick one or two items you can incorporate in your existing wardrobe. Remember, three’s a crowd. Ready to sail?
| affiliate |
1. Step in stripes. Depending on your comfort level, wear blue or red stripes shoes. I prefer wedges because they give me the height without compromising comfort!
2. In tune with tunic. I am a huge on tunics not only during summer but practically year-round. It’s versatile, loose, light, and easy to style. Most of the time, I pair it with skinny jeans or shorts.
3. Bag it. After lipsticks, bags are my next obsession. It’s a woman thing! To make your stripes purse “the statement”, go monochromatic with your outfit (think denims and crisp white shirt). Of course, I’m speaking based on my personal style. In the end, wear whatever makes you happy.
4. White shorts. It’s the summer so show some skin woman! Leave denim shorts to the teens and wear yours white! Trust me, it’s chic and very lady-like in so many ways.
5. Under the sea accessories. Anchor-themed styles are very predictable so I’d rather incorporate something from the sea. Seahorse or sea turtles are my favorites!
32 thoughts on “#FaceFriday :: Nautical Eyes (Plus My Favorite Ways to Wear Summer’s Nautical Trend)”
The YSL skin perfector looks like a good product & I so want it 🙂
If you like BB cream w/ lightweight feel, it's a must-try
I freakin' love this look. Navy and coral together.. and the blush with the lippie… it's so pretty, I can forgive that it's not bright! lol. This is one of my fave looks you've done!
Thanks my dear! Lately I'm loving this subtle eye makeup
That eyeliner is gorgeous on you.
Great face! Your lips are a very subtle color this time – I like it 🙂
Thanks Destany. I love to switch from time to time 🙂
Your looks are always flawless! I love the blue liner.
Thanks much. Good natural lighting helps 🙂
Love Love Love this look. I am obsessed with MAC Warm Soul, and the YSL Perfector- I sooooo need. Beautiful look!!
Thanks Jamie. MAC Warm Soul is such a versatile shade!
I super duper love that eyeliner on you
super duper gazillion thanks 🙂
Gorgeous gorgeous look!
Love your tips!
Ahoy, matey! I love this nautical look. Plus, your skin is positively glowing.
Aloha! Living for that dewy finish skin.
Love your fashion picks! And you know, I already have seahorse sandals, haha 🙂
Love love lovely! <3 Nautical everything is grand
If I don't already have that lipstick (is it sad I can't remember?!) I'm so buying it.
I heart Nautical!!!
Ooo, lots of top-shelf makup in this look.
I love your look and that purse!
Your skin looks so glowy!
You are so beautiful. 😉 I love this look and how much your skin just glows – gorgeous.
I've always loved the nautical look and these are great choices!
I really like the lip shade