3 Steps To Sexy-Smooth Summer Legs

how to have smooth legs for summer, summer essentials, sexy legs for summer

|    press sample    |

It’s officially summer, ladies! Time to bring out this season’s must-haves: tank tops, sunnies, slippahs, bronzer, sunscreen, facial mist, and the chicest pair of shorts! Most importantly, now is the time to show off those gorgeous gams! But first things first, we want to make sure that our legs are uber sexy-smooth after a long period of hibernation. Who’s up for the mission? It only takes 3 steps…

1. Exfoliate to slough off dead skin cells. It’s no rocket-science but exfoliating at least twice a week leaves the skin looking smoother and radiant. In the mood for some DIY? I shared a very easy sugar body scrub here

2. Hair-free legs, here we come! It’s no secret that I shave my legs every few days but it can get nasty at times, what with razor cuts! While laser hair removal is a great option, you and I know that it’s pricey. Depending on the area to be treated and where you live, it can run anywhere from $300 to $1000 per session. Waxing is also another alternative, that is if you don’t mind occasional skin burn and bruising. Another option is using an epilator, a device that mechanically pulls multiple hairs simultaneously. It’s like tweezing times 100. Does it hurt? if it’s your first time, yes it does but c’mon you survived your childhood immunizations so it should be easy-peasy. I’m not new to epilator so my pain threshold is nil.

Recently, I had the chance to try another brand, the Emjoi eRase e60 ($79.95). It has 60 tweezers, electrically-operated, and travel-friendly. It can be used for legs, bikini line, underarms and facial hairs.

how to have smooth legs for summer, summer essentials, sexy legs for summer, emjoi erase e60 review

Coming from someone who has a lot of hair (coarse for that matter, no thanks to shaving), it took me all of 15 minutes, from legs to bikini line, to remove majority of my hairs. I didn’t have irritation or redness but since I have thicker hairs, I missed some areas so I had to re-do everything the following day in broad daylight. Regrowth is relative; booklet says up to six weeks but with me, it’s three days. As mentioned, this device is easy to use. Press and slide the button up to select your desired speed: Level 1 for fine hair and sensitive areas, Level 2 for coarse hair. Work in small sections, move it back and forth as you please. For stubborn hair, I recommend holding the skin taut surrounding the area. Got hair in your upper lips? you can attach the “sensitive cover” to  hide some of the tweezers. Brave enough like me? just hold it in an angle so that you are only using few tweezers to pull out those unsightly facial hairs.

3. Moisturize and glow! Finally, moisturize your legs with body oil or body butter. Faux self-tanner is a nice option but if you just want radiant legs that elicit double take ala- celebrity, use shimmer lotion!

Do you use epilators?

1. June 23, 2014 / 7:49 am

So I have an epilady but it is so painful I can't use it on my legs. If I do, I get little bumps of irritation all over. I was able to use it under my arms without too much issue, but it's still not as comfortable as i'd like. I prefer waxing or shaving to pulling. I'm not sure how I would handle the emoji. Glad to hear it works well for you!

• June 23, 2014 / 8:15 am

This one functions the same as epilady; you have extra sensitive skin so you're better off with shaving perhaps. Thanks for your feedback.

2. June 23, 2014 / 10:10 am

I have Philips epilator. I have used it for last 10 years. It is old and I have been thinking about purchasing/ordering a new one and I think this would be perfect.

3. June 23, 2014 / 10:41 am

I have never tried an epilator EVER. I hear so many ups and downs by different people. I am using an at home IPL machine which I love… I did IPL when I worked for the plastic surgeon since my $600 treatments were all complimentary. The areas where treated no longer grew back so I'm using this at home product and so far the results are good. Since I have sensitive skin – I have been so leery to try epilators… I'm glad it works for you 😉

• June 24, 2014 / 7:14 am

That's great you have at home IPL! The perks working w/ a plastic surgeon!!! If you have sensitive skin, epilator may not be the right product for you.

4. June 23, 2014 / 1:08 pm

This looks interesting! I have a tiny emoji, that doesn't work great. I would love to try one that can do a bigger area like this!

• June 24, 2014 / 7:14 am

That's nice to know. I didn't know emjoi have smaller versions. This one is just the right size, perfect for travel!

5. June 23, 2014 / 2:02 pm

If this is anything like the epilady, I want no parts of it. That was the worst pain I've ever experienced.

• June 24, 2014 / 7:15 am

I have the epilady. I think that one introduced me to self-mutilation, haha!

6. June 23, 2014 / 3:14 pm

I think this was the product that was on QVC a couple of weeks ago. I almost bought it, but I chickened out. Also, I'm going to be testing a similar product in August (that's probably not as good). I have zero pain tolerance, but I really wanted to try it to remove hair on my face. For my legs and arms, shaving doesn't bother me, but I really wanted to try this option. Hmmmm

• June 24, 2014 / 7:17 am

I tried it on my face, just few hairs on my upper lips and it didn't hurt. But see I'm used to epilators so my pain threshold is different from you. I suggest try a small area so you know the sensation

7. June 23, 2014 / 3:43 pm

I have not used a epilator but I do get waxed. And totally after a while its like Pain- What pain? Oh the things we do for beauty. But this sounds like something I may want to try, cause waxing can be a pain in butt cause you have to let hair grow a certain length and it is pricey for sure. Great post, I am gonna check this out.

• June 24, 2014 / 7:18 am

I know girl! all in the name of beauty, no pain no gain, lol! I tried waxing but for some reason, epilator feels less traumatizing to me….

8. June 23, 2014 / 5:33 pm

I have an epilator but I am more into waxing, I just feel my skin doesn't take such a beating. (And I do exfoliate and all that).

9. June 23, 2014 / 5:53 pm

This product looks a little complicated LOL!

10. June 23, 2014 / 6:40 pm

Legs look great girl!

Xo, Michelle
    mash-elle.blogspot.com

11. June 23, 2014 / 11:36 pm

Epilators scare me I'm so worried it will hurt or cause irritation! LOL I'm to chicken so I stick with shaving.

• June 24, 2014 / 7:20 am

That's how I felt before so I can totally understand your predicament

12. June 24, 2014 / 1:26 am

I want to try epilating but I'm afraid it might irritate my skin!

13. June 24, 2014 / 3:12 am

I haven't tried an epilator before because I'm usually a wuss when it comes to pain on my legs!

14. June 24, 2014 / 3:24 am

My aunt gifted me one long ago and I was too scared to try it. Maybe I wil. 🙂

15. June 24, 2014 / 3:33 am

So, random – first thing I noticed is that your toes are the same color as the Emjoi. If someone could go ahead and invent a thing that would make leg hair go away permanently that'd be great! Perhaps this should go on my to-try list.

• June 24, 2014 / 7:22 am

great eye for details! twas a coincidence tho.thanks for stopping by!

16. June 24, 2014 / 3:58 am

I've never tried a product like this before. It looks easy to use at least.

17. June 24, 2014 / 4:06 am

I tried an epilator before and it hurtttttt. I was also pretty young lol I'd be game for trying again. Like you I have reallyyyyyy thick, coarse hair. I've been slowly de-hairing my entire body with the Silk'N lol

18. June 24, 2014 / 4:25 am

I love the Emjoi pedi device, is this the same company?

19. June 24, 2014 / 4:33 am

I tried an Epilady once as a young teen. ONCE. *jibblies*

20. June 24, 2014 / 4:45 am

I used one long ago and hated how painful it was. Right now I alternate shaving with at-home laser treatments, so hopefully after a year I won't have any more unwanted hair to worry about.

21. June 24, 2014 / 4:46 am

I haven't use any epilator before as I heard that it's painful (from some of my friends). So, I don't have the courage to use it. XD

22. June 24, 2014 / 7:11 am

I have a pretty high pain tolerance so I think I would be able to make it work!

23. June 24, 2014 / 8:47 am

I find epilators work quite well but for me some areas hurt more than others. My lower legs are ok, but my upper legs are like slicing razorblades across me skin.

24. June 24, 2014 / 2:10 pm

Whoa, this looks awesome!

25. June 24, 2014 / 6:09 pm

OMG that looks beyond scary… The things we do for beauty!

26. June 24, 2014 / 7:14 pm

I would love to try this out ! My mom has a few and loves them

27. June 24, 2014 / 8:17 pm

I would love to try this out!

28. June 25, 2014 / 3:14 am

I've never tried an epilator. The idea of it is awesome but I am SUUUUCH a baby with any pain, haha.