So how are you preparing for summer? I know it’s quite early to talk about it but you can’t blame moi; summer is when I get two weeks off from work and celebrate my most anticipated milestone, I turn four-ohhh!!! *throws hands in the air*
With the hot humid weather coming our way, it goes without saying that I change my routine so I don’t look like a human molten lava walking down Waikiki. Here are five ways you and I can summer-proof our beauty! (reviews are linked)
| affiliate |
1. Swap full coverage foundation to light, or better yet opt for multi-tasking tinted moisturizer and/or BB cream with built-in sunscreen. An all-in-one product allows your skin to to breathe more. Try Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer or Rodial BB Skin Tint.
2. Swap thick body butter with lightweight lotion unless you’re suffering from dry skin all year round. Try Jergens BB Body Skin Perfecting Cream.
3. Swap dark smokey eyes with simple eye makeup. My easy take on this is to tightline my upper lash with black liner and apply a coat of mascara. Still struggling with tightlining? here’s how I do it. In days I want to rock bright colors, I line my lower lash line with teal or purple eyeliner.
4. Swap dark berry or neutral lips with bright coral or purple! With an understated eye makeup, I can’t be without color so moi go mighty bold with puckers. Try Tom Ford Lip Sheer Firecracker or Bite Beauty Matte Lip Crayon Grape. Caveat: I go through phases in lipsticks, what you see me wearing in the morning isn’t the same in the afternoon or evening. And yes, I break he monotony of corals and purples by going back to berry.
5. Compensate frizzy hair with cute accessories or give yourself a nice trim or bangs, I just did!
What are you looking forward to this summer?
Check out some of my favorites…
49 thoughts on “How To Summer-Proof Your Beauty”
I do a lot of those things. It gets melting here in AZ and heavy makeup in 100+ degree heat is for the birds. 🙂
I can't stand scorching heat, I get sick so bad
Great tips! I am one of those girls who actually prefers BB creams and/or tinted moisturises all year round 🙂
I notice that. for one, you have great flawless skin!
It was a nice, cool winter here in Florida, and I'm sorry to see it go! Melty makeup and frizzy hair are hard to avoid in this humidity, but I'm more informed about how to keep my cool. Makeup setting spray is my new best friend!
it's been pretty humid here too!
The thicker skin care products are definitely tossed out to make room for the lighter ones in my drawer. Great tips.
Awesome tips! I usually do the same, especially when it comes to foundation. I only recently started wearing bold lips, but I look forward to sporting fun bright colors this summer.
you wear bold lips like a true diva!
Great tips, especially swapping out darker shades for lighter, more subtle shades and makeup.
yeak, kinda like less is more
I love this post, awesome tips!
Great great tips. I totally love the tip about hair and trimming bangs. BTW you looks AMAZING with berry lips, but then again what lipstick dont you look amazing in. Great post girl!!!
you are soooo sweet Jamie, my shopping-enabler-buddy! hugs!
fun post! I definitely use BB or CC in summer so I can skip the primer but now I'm getting concerned that I'm not getting enough sun protection. Oh, dilemma
women problems…. they never end, lol
Awesome tips! I switch over to high SPF BB and matte finish daytime.
many thanks Norah
Great tips! It's all about the BB Creams for me!
thanks much! same here
Awesome tips! Love a good bright lip for summer!
bright lips brighten anyone's day
Awesome Tips girl 🙂
If it gets hot enough I skip the makeup altogether lol
true especially in scorching heat!!!
I agree with all your tips! <3
A brilliant post! i've actually been working on one similar but for Summer to Winter (being in Australia, and all!).
Thanks Kimmi.I'm looking forward to read you post!
I do all of those things when warmer weather comes along. And *ahem* 40 is the new 30! I have no sympathy for you for another 10 years!!
hahaha! you made ma laugh there big time! true, 40 is the new 30 *throws confetti*
I melt. Just sayin. I wish bangs worked for me. They frizz and curl. Hilarious. Not really.
LOL! Maybe try straightening 'em? sometimes my bangs behave that way too
I'm looking forward to the beach and warm, sunny weather. You can also finish your makeup with a finishing spray like UD DeSlick or All Nighter, Model in a Bottle or the Skindinavia Sprays. I use U DeSlick only in the summer.
True that!I like Skindinavia!!!!
Girl, there is absolutely no way you're turning 40. You look way younger!
thanks sissy! Virtual kisses and hugs to you all the way from Hawaii!
Those were great tips!
Wonderful tips! And I love the transitioning into seasons type posts!
great post! i love that vampy look on you though – i wouldn't mind it in the summer at all!
Love the lip switch! I think that's one of the first things I switch out every year!
I'd have to cut my hair if I lived in Hawaii, but finally my curls would make sense! I could easily go natural that way. Ok, ready to move!
Dude, my hair has already hit the frizz zone here in TX! I need every type of accessory to calm it down.