| affiliate |
Happy Aloha Friday! Shhhh…. I’m testing a self-tanner so to go with the sun-smooched vibe, I decided to fake a glow today. But see having oily skin, acne scars, huge pores and sporting a glowing face is quite contradictory in the “makeup-book-of-whatever rules”. I mean why accentuate obvious flaws when the goal of makeup is to bring out your best attributes right?
I’m not gonna lie, I’m a bit intimidated with highlighters and shimmers but then I realized, it’s just makeup. As we say it here in Hawaii, “if can, can, if no can, no can”. I can.
The trick for us women gifted with craters is to not go overboard. I mean it’s a general rule of thumb in life, anything excessive isn’t good. “if can, can, if no can, still can”.
Enough of the can can, here are the steps for my subtle glow #fotd (some product reviews are linked for your reference)
1. After washing my face, I applied serum and oil-free moisturizer.
2. With a foundation brush, I applied Guerlain Terracota Joli Teint (moyen/medium), allowing it to sink in for few minutes before setting with a powder.
3. I then concealed my under eyes with Maybelline Instant Age Rewind.
4. I primed my lids with Nars Pro-Prime Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base.
5. I used Anastasia Dipbrow pomade to shape my lifeless brows.
6. For my simple eyeshadow, I used Urban Decay Naked 3 (Trick for lids, Limit for crease, Strange for brow bone).
7. I decided to do subtle flick using Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon (Blacquer) by lining the outer third of my eye, then using an angled brush to smudge and drag the color outward. I did this three times.
8. I curled my lashes with Shu Uemura, then applied one coat of Clinique High Impact Mascara on my upper lashes and Clinique Bottom Lash on lower lashes.
9. I set my foundation very lightly with Becca Mineral Powder.
10. I wanted a warmer finish so I applied Guerlain Terracota Sun Celebration along the forehead, temples and jaw line.
11. For the subtle glow, I used Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Rose Gold, applying it sparingly along the cheekbones.
12. Finally, I applied Tom Ford Lip Color Casablanca for understated yet classy puckers.
37 thoughts on “#FaceFriday :: Subtle Glow”
KATH! I KNEW IT. I knew when I saw your pic before I clicked the link you were wearing Guerlain. I talked myself out of it yesterday and now I need ALL THE GUERLAIN. *stomps to Neimans*
Oh you'll love it for sure. I still can't get over the glowy-bronze look of this foundation!
I love that lip color on you. Everything is beautiful, as always.
Beautiful like always!
Can you stop being so pretty!? 😉 Love this on you.
you're so sweet!
This is such a beautiful look for you!
You look amazing. I would love to have your skin.
thanks Aleya. But I'm sure you wouldn't love the acne scars and pores I have -)
Gorgeous look on you! You convinced me that I need the Becca Shimmering Rose Gold Skin Perfecter
Gorgeous look! I love it!
Very nice1 I love that lip on you!
those colors look great on you
i want one of everything
I love that lippy on you!
What a gorgeous look! You look amazing!
Thanks for reminding me I need to pull out my NAKED 3 one of these days soon!
You have such dewy, healthy looking skin!
I don't think this accentuates any flaws, but you always look flawless! I love this color lippie on you… but it's awfully tame! lol.
I think you did a great job with this look! 🙂
Gorgeous, as always!
I love everything about this look, especially your gorgeous dewy skin!
Beautiful! I love that lip color!
gifted with craters. Lol, you make me laugh ever.single.time!
You look FAB girl! Everything is on POINT.
aww, thanks so much!
Ooh – that lippy is gorgeous and you look FAB!
many thanks mama!
You did a gorgeous job and you look beautiful 🙂
Super pretty, per usual!