Like LBD (little black dress), every woman must own a red lipstick. I said it before and I’d say it again, it is sexy and fierce. Femme Fatale.
But then again, I can’t fault you if you find it intimidating. While I go all out vampy red running errands or cruisin’ around with the hub, I do tone it down when I’m at work in scrubs (okay, sometimes!).
For today’s post, I’m featuring a recent addition to my red lipstick madness a.k.a collection. The shade is Ruby from Burberry’s Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick line ($30, 3.5g/ .12 oz, Nordsrtrom). It’s a beautiful blue-based red that looks a tad darker from the tube but wears true to description on my lips. It glides easily and one swipe renders an enviable opaque coverage.
For comparison, here are some swatches from my favorite reds to-date:
So going back to the main idea behind this post, here’s how you can transition red from subtle sweetness to mighty gorgeousness!
1. Moisturize lips with a lip balm.
2. Lightly apply red lipstick.
3. Sheer it out with a brush or finger.
1. Line and fill lips with a lip liner, this helps with the wear time.
2. Apply lipstick with a brush or straight from the tube.
3. To mattify and intensify, cover lips with a thin sheet of tissue then lightly pat on translucent powder. Reapply red lipstick (you can repeat this step 2 or 3 times).
Easy peasy, sissy!
How do you wear red?