| affiliate link |
I hate to be the V-Day Grinch but truth is, red is such a predictable color to wear on Valentine’s Day! It can also look tacky if you overkill it. Red from head to toe, oh no! So whether you’re having a fancy dinner with your loved one, coffee date with a potential loved one, or just spending the day with anyone, wear red fabulously my dear!
1. She has arrived. My favorite way to wear red is definitely on the lips. It is sexy without even trying. I said it before and I’ll say it again: there is THE perfect red for every Jane, you just have to try. I have so many favorites but my current go-to’s are Givenchy 308 Rouge D’Exception (brick red), YSL Rouge Volupte Shine 4 Rouge in Danger (red orange), and Dior 999 (classic red).
2. For a sexy neckline, accessorize! Forget revealage of the cleavage and get yo’ neck bedecked with bling bling my dahling. *raps and hops* (shhh… revealage of the cleavage is an inside joke between me and the hub, it only means leaving nothing to the imagination). But boobs aside, you can wear the simplest button-up shirt and pair of jeans but still look chic with a statement neckpiece.
3. Nail it with nails. If red lipstick still intimidates you, why not rock your nails bloody red? You can get plenty of inspirations from bloggers and vloggers alike. Leticia from Cosmetics Aficionado did this uber cute heart-shaped cookie nail art; If you like textured nail effect, Judy from BeautyJudy shows her gorgeous nails painted with Zoya Pixie Dust Chyna.
4. Bag the love. I think every woman should own a red purse at least one in her lifetime. It exudes sexiness and power to the nth degree. Red lips + red purse = Femme Fatale.
|Coach Madison Leather Sm Sadie Flap Satchel|
5. Bring sexy back with a red bra. Of course you won’t go out on a date wearing only that. To make it clear, we are talking “feeling sexy underneath”. My grandma used to tell me that a real classy woman wears decent undergarments. She was right, but I want to add the sexiness aspect. So give black and beige bra a brief break and wear red like nobody’s business.
So have you decided how you’re going to wear red on Valentine’s?
My lips are sealed with Rouge Dior 999.
|Moi in Rouge Dior 999 Lipstick|
Shop my favorite reds
48 thoughts on “5 Ways To Wear Red On Valentine’s Day Without The Overkill”
Red is SO your color girl! I love the pic of the dog in lipstick. My one year old got into some red lipstick yesterday and I had to laugh but also be grateful it didn't get into our carpet lol
many thanks Justina! Oh good Lord, I can imagine your baby playing with mama's lipstick stash!
Red is such a fabulous color on you. I love it! Those lips… so gorgeous! 😉 And oh my gosh, if my dog ever got into my lippies… oi. lol My twins took a few of my Stila palettes and used them as finger paints once… they were 2 years old. I've been smart since. lol
Many mahalo's Honey! I know, my dog is trained not to mess up w/ my makeups, haha!
That Dior lipstick is to die for, and I love the way it looks on you! You're so right, too much red can look really tacky, but you tamed that color pretty well 🙂
Thanks Anastasia. Dior 999 is such a classic shade.
You look great in the purse pic!! You definitely rock a red lip too! Great ideas! 🙂
yay, thanks so much. xo
Great fun post with very useful tips. I'm torn between the red bra or a red bag.
Get both Deb. Kisses!
You look gorgeous, the dog is adorable and you can never go wrong with red lingerie.
Thanks Aleya. Red lingerie for the win!!!
The pic of the dog is cute. I'd be pissd though if he'd eaten my lipstick. Great post of a compilation of red items for v-day 🙂
that dog pic is really funny. I know, I would't like my dog to eat my YSL either hahaha!
Great suggestions. I am *drooling* over that bag.
Thanks Erika! xo
That lipstick looks awesome on you!
Thanks much!!! Hugs
I LOVE Moi on you!
Thanks Leticia. xox
That red bag is fab!
Thanks Phyrra. Kisses
LOL at the pup 😛 I love sporting red this month but it's true it can be hard without going overboard! Love the lipstick
Yeah, let's tame red and wear it selectively.
Very nice red post)) And cute puppy!))
Thank you. xo
Obsessed with that red lipstick! Gorgois!!! These are great tips. Just a pop of red is way nicer than seeing someone looking like Valentine's Day threw up on them HAHA!!! And thanks for the link to my Chyna swatch. I love that polish hard.
My pleasure Judy! I bet you're wearing red lipstick today, haha! xo
I absolutely have to grab the nail polish, love it!!
a must-own Angie!
I loved this post! And I definitely want a red purse at some point. I also love red shoes – someone once told me you can never have a bad day when you're wearing red shoes.
Yes, red shoes are the bomb dot com too! I used to have a pair of sky-high red stilettos! Now that I'm older, I like wedges more. I feel like I will trip w/ stilettos now, haha!
I am glad you posted this. It is so cliche to go overboard red on V-day! That bag is great and now I need to go buy some red lacy undies! HAHAHAA That doggy pic cracks me up every time I see it!
that doggy is really funny! I thought I read red racy undies, my heartbeat went fast, hahaha!
You did it just right. However, I'm like 'throw caution to the wind! Wear red EVERYTHING!!!!!'
hahaha. you made me laugh hard! why not, for the fun of it!!!!
I would take the bra…but after two kids, my ta-ta's aren't the same. This sister needs some massive support…or a some surgery. I love the purse and your lips of course. I just basically love anything you post. XO!!
LOL on tatas! Big or small, even or asymmetrical, tatas need some love!
You pull off red so well! Love your picks!
Thanks Farryn. Mwah!
haha I love that you included the red bra!
can't go wrong with a red bra. When all else fails, shock your partner with red bra, haha!
I have a couple of red dresses that I love to wear to make a statement. Nothing says 'large and in charge' like a woman in red! With a red lippy, too!
I love the feisty attitude Nidia. High five sistah!
Darn, I was hoping to see you in that bra. LOL. Great choices and a clever post as usual.
OMG, that would be hilarious, haha!
Wonderful post. Giving different ideas of how to showcase red without overdoing it is such a great idea!~!
I like the idea behind this post ! I am with you on not over doing the red