I saw. I bought. I conquered. Welcome to my world;
where shameless beauty junkies connive;
where lipsticks and eyeshadows fight;
where a no-makeup look actually
means wearing foundation, concealer, lipstick, and mascara.
It wasn’t tough choosing My Top 13 because they’re the same products I heavily used and/or repurchased in 2013. So in no random order, here they are ladies, gals, girls, and women of this beauty-concious world (click each product for thorough reviews).
1. Clarisonic MIA 2. One of the best decisions I have ever made is to take my oily and maturing skin seriously. This must-have beauty thoroughly removes all the crap that is makeup. I use it every single night and I remember to change the brush head every 3 or so months.
2. The Japanese Konjac Sponge. First it is pronounced as konnyaku; second it’s a plant; third, it cleans just as good as a facial brush sans the harshness.
3. Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum. Consider yourself skincare geek if you know the difference between a serum and moisturizer. Jurlique feels luxurious, hydrating, and it never broke me out.
4. MDSolarSciences Mineral Tinted Creme SPF 30 is a repeat performer, having made it to my Top 12 in 2012. It underwent a packaging facelift but the quality remains topnotch. It’s a fragrance-free mineral sunscreen which blurs my pores and preps zeeee face for makeup!
5. Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation. It’s liquid but dries to an impeccable matte powder finish, exactly what my greasy face needs.
6. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. I have Dim Light and Diffused Light, both are so impressive that I need to add another ray of Light!
7. Cover FX Cream Concealer. Show me any woman who has no dark circles. Wanna know my secret weapon? This concealer gives my face an inexplicable aura. What’s more, it is creamy without looking cakey. Need proof? see my haggardness here.
8. Urban Decay Vice 2 palette. Love bright colors? it’s the only palette you need. Want to try bright colors? it’s the only palette you need. Afraid of bright colors? take the first step, it’s the only palette you need. Did I convince you enough? get it before it’s gone woman!
9. Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon. I have Ro(cocoa) and Th(ink). It’s an eyeliner and eyeshadow base in one. It’s the best $25 you’ll ever spend from the Marc Jacobs Beauty line.
10. Eddie Funkhouser Ultra Definition Eye Lining Stylus. It rivals any high-end eyeliner in terms of pigmentation, ease of use and wear time. If you spot this at your local Rite Aid, I say don’t miss a beat and just grab it!
11. Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara. I don’t wear mascara on my bottom lashes lest I scare you with raccoon eyes. Thank God I discovered this $10- beauty, it’s smudge-proof to the nth degree.
12. Givenchy Le Rouge Intense Colour Sensuously Matte Lipstick Rouge 308 Rouge D’Exception. The only thing I would change with this lipstick is the friggin’ long name. Simply put, it’s a beautiful matte brick red lipstick that goes on creamy with commendable wear time. The leather and silver packaging is so fabulous!
13. Lucky 13 for Fergie Centerstage Lipstick. If there is one drugstore brand I can recommend in the lippy category, hands down it’s Wet n Wild. Pigmented, quite creamy and dirt-cheap. Plus who doesn’t love Fergie?
What were your best beauty products of 2013?
Looking forward to more fabulosity in 2014!
32 thoughts on “TheFabZilla Presents 13 in 13: 13 Best Beauty Products of 2013”
OH I LOVE that Wet n' Wild lippie!!! It's as great as any of my MAC lipsticks! I love your pics, and I definitely want to try Hourglass, because I hear so many raving about it! Great pics, Kath! Hope you have a fab New Year's Day!
Thanks Judy. I agree w/ WnW. I think you'll like Hourglass!
I love my Clarisonic. I actually found replacements heads on group on a few months ago 2/$13. Keep a lookout for them!! It also seems a lot of people are loving Hourglass this year.
Really? I should definitely check those deals!!!
The Japanese konjac sponge is definitely one of my favs. Happy 2014!
It's great that you also like Konjac Joanna!
The lipsticks are beautiful. I have yet to try coverfx, I will add that to my list of things to try this year.
Thanks Kim. I think you'll like CoverFx
I love favorites posts 🙂 It gives me ideas of stuff I should be using! hehe
Favorites posts= Enabler posts, haha!
I've heard so many great things about Konjac sponges, definitely one of the more intriguing products of 2013!!
Yeh, and it's pretty affordable too!
That's a great list of favorites! Vice 2 is one of my favs for 2013 as well. I really want to try the Marc Jacobs Highliner Eye Crayon.
You'll like the MJ Eye crayon for sure. Yay to Vice 2!
I would have to agree with over half of your choices!!!
Many thanks Laura!
I love your choices!
Great choices! I was curious about those konjac sponges, but now that you said they aren't as harsh as brushes, I might give it a try 🙂
Give it a try, it's really a nice product!
I love that you have high end and low end in here. I'm a huge fan of Eddie Funkhouser as you know since I link to you all the time on it!
Thanks Marcia and I am deeply honored to be mentioned in your blog. Hugs!!!!!
I love these kinds of posts, but my wallet doesn't! I want to try so many things – the Hourglass products, the lipsticks… too many.
Haha. I understand because I have the same feeling when I read others' posts!
Love your picks! I am a big fan of Jurlique products 🙂
Awesome!!! Thanks Farryn!
I haven't tried none of those but I want to get my hands on the UD Vice 2 before it's to late
It's worth the price, don't even have second thoughts about it 🙂
I had no idea that's how Konjac was pronounced! I loved looking at your picks!
wow I think I need that Givenchy lipstick! soooo my color.
Love the lipsticks shades 🙂 Lovely shades! xo's
I already have so many of the things on this favorite list! Hello, my name is Lucy & I'm a beauty addict. Now I have to go out & get the rest of the things – starting with that Konjac Sponge & that Eddie Funkhouser liner! Great post!