I saw. I bought. I conquered. Welcome to my world;
where shameless beauty junkies connive;
where lipsticks and eyeshadows fight;
where a no-makeup look actually
means wearing foundation, concealer, lipstick, and mascara.
It wasn’t tough choosing My Top 13 because they’re the same products I heavily used and/or repurchased in 2013. So in no random order, here they are ladies, gals, girls, and women of this beauty-concious world (click each product for thorough reviews).
1. Clarisonic MIA 2. One of the best decisions I have ever made is to take my oily and maturing skin seriously. This must-have beauty thoroughly removes all the crap that is makeup. I use it every single night and I remember to change the brush head every 3 or so months.
2. The Japanese Konjac Sponge. First it is pronounced as konnyaku; second it’s a plant; third, it cleans just as good as a facial brush sans the harshness.
3. Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum. Consider yourself skincare geek if you know the difference between a serum and moisturizer. Jurlique feels luxurious, hydrating, and it never broke me out.
4. MDSolarSciences Mineral Tinted Creme SPF 30 is a repeat performer, having made it to my Top 12 in 2012. It underwent a packaging facelift but the quality remains topnotch. It’s a fragrance-free mineral sunscreen which blurs my pores and preps zeeee face for makeup!
5. Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation. It’s liquid but dries to an impeccable matte powder finish, exactly what my greasy face needs.
7. Cover FX Cream Concealer. Show me any woman who has no dark circles. Wanna know my secret weapon? This concealer gives my face an inexplicable aura. What’s more, it is creamy without looking cakey. Need proof? see my haggardness here.
8. Urban Decay Vice 2 palette. Love bright colors? it’s the only palette you need. Want to try bright colors? it’s the only palette you need. Afraid of bright colors? take the first step, it’s the only palette you need. Did I convince you enough? get it before it’s gone woman!
10. Eddie Funkhouser Ultra Definition Eye Lining Stylus. It rivals any high-end eyeliner in terms of pigmentation, ease of use and wear time. If you spot this at your local Rite Aid, I say don’t miss a beat and just grab it!
11. Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara. I don’t wear mascara on my bottom lashes lest I scare you with raccoon eyes. Thank God I discovered this $10- beauty, it’s smudge-proof to the nth degree.
12. Givenchy Le Rouge Intense Colour Sensuously Matte Lipstick Rouge 308 Rouge D’Exception. The only thing I would change with this lipstick is the friggin’ long name. Simply put, it’s a beautiful matte brick red lipstick that goes on creamy with commendable wear time. The leather and silver packaging is so fabulous!
13. Lucky 13 for Fergie Centerstage Lipstick. If there is one drugstore brand I can recommend in the lippy category, hands down it’s Wet n Wild. Pigmented, quite creamy and dirt-cheap. Plus who doesn’t love Fergie?
What were your best beauty products of 2013?
Looking forward to more fabulosity in 2014!