// affiliate //
So it’s officially 2014, the year of the horse and radiant orchid! While I can’t say so much about the wood horse as I’m not into astrology, I couldn’t contain my excitement with this year’s chosen pantone color!
Radiant Orchid is a beautiful purple and you can wear it hundred and one ways. I handpicked my Top 5, here they are:
1. Bag it! If you’re the ever Ms. Neutral, a great way to switch up your wardrobe is to add a pop of color, accessories-wise. This Balenciaga Golden City Bag remains on my someday-I-will own-you-no-matter-what goals. The color and construction, ahhhh….I’m drooling like a hungry wolf!
2. The easiest way to incorporate purple this year is to wear it on your lips. Sephora recently released this exclusive matte lipstick which I have been stalking on their website because it’s out of stock, son of a gun! But in my FOTD below, you’ll see my beloved purple lippy from Bite Beauty Cream.
3. If purple lips ain’t your thing, make your eyes the focus of wonderment. Illamasqua, Nars, and Urban Decay are some of the brands that have beautiful purple eyeshadows.
4. Start the year right and burn the flabs. Holidays are over so no more excuses my dear! Invest on quality and cute exercise outfits; trust me you’ll be motivated more to stretch, run, dance, roll, and jump when you wear the right stuff. Now get up and wear purple sports bra!
5. If all else fails, choose shoes. Flats, wedges, sandals, pumps, it’s endless! This pair of Reva ballet flats from Tory Burch is an eye candy!
Care to see my Face of the Day? I went monochromatic with purple eyes and lips (click product name for full review)
Tarina Tarantino eye primer
Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things (Ooh la Orchid on lids and lower lash line, Crisp Apple Strudel on crease, Cream Colored Ponies on brow arch, Coquet on inner eye corner)
Stila Smudsgstick in Tetra on waterline
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara on bottom lashes and Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara on upper lashes
Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things Melt into Spring for cheeks and Chocolate Solei to contour
What’s your favorite way to wear radiant orchid?
shop radiant orchid!