// affiliate //
So it’s officially 2014, the year of the horse and radiant orchid! While I can’t say so much about the wood horse as I’m not into astrology, I couldn’t contain my excitement with this year’s chosen pantone color!
Radiant Orchid is a beautiful purple and you can wear it hundred and one ways. I handpicked my Top 5, here they are:
1. Bag it! If you’re the ever Ms. Neutral, a great way to switch up your wardrobe is to add a pop of color, accessories-wise. This Balenciaga Golden City Bag remains on my someday-I-will own-you-no-matter-what goals. The color and construction, ahhhh….I’m drooling like a hungry wolf!
2. The easiest way to incorporate purple this year is to wear it on your lips. Sephora recently released this exclusive matte lipstick which I have been stalking on their website because it’s out of stock, son of a gun! But in my FOTD below, you’ll see my beloved purple lippy from Bite Beauty Cream.
3. If purple lips ain’t your thing, make your eyes the focus of wonderment. Illamasqua, Nars, and Urban Decay are some of the brands that have beautiful purple eyeshadows.
4. Start the year right and burn the flabs. Holidays are over so no more excuses my dear! Invest on quality and cute exercise outfits; trust me you’ll be motivated more to stretch, run, dance, roll, and jump when you wear the right stuff. Now get up and wear purple sports bra!
5. If all else fails, choose shoes. Flats, wedges, sandals, pumps, it’s endless! This pair of Reva ballet flats from Tory Burch is an eye candy!
Care to see my Face of the Day? I went monochromatic with purple eyes and lips (click product name for full review)
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12- Hour Foundation
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
Tarina Tarantino eye primer
Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things (Ooh la Orchid on lids and lower lash line, Crisp Apple Strudel on crease, Cream Colored Ponies on brow arch, Coquet on inner eye corner)
Stila Smudsgstick in Tetra on waterline
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara on bottom lashes and Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara on upper lashes
Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things Melt into Spring for cheeks and Chocolate Solei to contour
Bite Beauty Cream in Pastille Lavender
What’s your favorite way to wear radiant orchid?
shop radiant orchid!
30 thoughts on “5 Ways To Wear Radiant Orchid in 2014”
Love the ideas! I need more of this shade in my life!!!
Thanks Laura! All the best to you in 2014!
The eyes have it! I love a purple eye.
Same here Nidia!
This is great! I just received Illamasqua's eye shadow in Inception in a gift set for Christmas, and it's a beautiful matte violet (I think it's the one you're showing). Love it.
Perfection! Don't you just love purple eyes?
Listen. If you do anything in 2014 get the Balenciaga bag. I got mine last month in Anthracite and if you do it on the right day you can work the system lol I did it through Neiman Marcus on a double points day so I got 6% cash back in my ebates account. At the time Neimans was also doing a spend so much get a gift card, so I also scored a $450 gift card. When you break it all down I paid under a grand for a bag that was almost $1600. It's worth it. LMK if you need an ebates referral 😉
Wow, you got the classic Anthracite! I was looking at it at Gilt few days ago then I realized I just had a major wallet damage so this elusive Balenciaga will have to take a back seat. I will watch out for that Neiman's promo which I think only happens after (or before) Thanksgiving. That is such a huge savings Brooke!!!! Now you made me salivate for Balenciaga!!!!
This is one of my favorite shades. Love the balenciaga bag. I wish I could afford it lol
Me too, purple is solo lovely/.
I love Radiant Orchid, can't wait to sport this trend. Soooo into purple lips right now! Love your look, btw!!!
Thanks much my Judy! Yep, let's all wear purple to the core!
Kath, you look great in orchid!! I'm LOVING the purple lips and that purse is super cute! I love to wear purple shadows and lipstick/gloss. 🙂
Awwww many mahalo's!!!! Let's all wear purple!!!!
Great ideas! I think I'll probably sport this color on my nails, lips and cheeks 🙂
What a great idea to do monochromatic look from head to toe 🙂
Love this post and LOVE the look you created! I'm ecstatic that Radiant Orchid is the color of the year. It's so gorgeous and can work with so many different skin tones.
True that Miranda! Definitely a gorgeous color. Thanks much and Happy NY!
I love your makeup look!
yay, thank you!!!
That bag is amazing!!
It really is!! My dream bag this year.
This is the first year I'm VERY excited about the color choice. Not that I stay true to it or even follow it. However, you certainly rock it!
Thanks much Kimberly. I guess because everyone can rock purple!!!
Great ideas. I doubt I'll rock much makeup wise but accessories are another story!
Of course you can Marcia! Thanks for stopping by.
Oooh….I would love to have that Balenciaga bag!
Yeah, isn't it soooo fabulous?!
I am drooling over that Balenciaga bag … gorgeous! Love the look you created!
1 and 5 are my favorites