// press samples //
I have some hair memories that I want to share with you today. It won’t be long, promise!
- Once I had a classmate who burned my hair with a candle. I was eight or nine years old then, thankfully my teacher caught it right away! My grandma was furious upon learning the incident and if I remember it right, she fought with the spoiled girl’s mom.
- My mom is so obsessed with changing her hairstyle every now and then. One time she was perming, I got mighty curious I wanted it so bad. So there at eleven years young, I had my first ever perm. It didn’t help that my hair was already short so my friends started calling me Annie!
- I’ve always had short hair, super cropped to be more specific. Cutting my hair short was my way of dealing with stress then.
- Growing up, I had lifeless straight hair. My hair started to become wavy in mid- 2000. Since then I decided that I’ll grow my hair long like a real woman, haha!
Fast forward to future. Second to makeup, ooops make it third after handbags, haircare is my obsession. I’m sure you have noticed quite a few hair postings lately. Well it’s no secret that being a blogger (on the side) has exposed me to a multitude of brands outside my comfort zone (Sephora what else, lol). Enter Taya, a hair company with products made from raw, unprocessed, and natural super botanicals derived from the rainforest. All Taya products are free from parabens, animal products and testing. I had the opportunity to try their Amazon White Clay Thickening Collection. As the name suggests, it is made from the Amazon River clay, known for its rich mineral salts and nutrients.
My hair isn’t thin but it’s lifeless, frizzy, and lacks volume. Without styling tools, it’s plain, bleh, boring.
So my initial thoughts with Taya were: since it’s made from clay, will it make my hair sticky or smell like mud?
Let’s start with the thickening shampoo ($20, 10 fl oz/300ml) and conditioner ($22, 10 fl oz/300ml).
Ingredients: Amazon white clay, raw avocado oil, croton lechleri resin a.k.a dragon’s blood (known to have many uses in native Amazon medicine)
Both shampoo and conditioner have clay but surprisingly sweet fragrance. I have been using this combo for few weeks now, I like how it makes my hair soft and lifted. I can definitely tell that my hair isn’t as lifeless. Of course, without the styling tools and hair spray, it’s impossible to achieve a vavavooom before and after hairstyle as shown in the company’s website.
Next is the thickening hair leave-in mist ($22, 6 fl oz/ 177ml) and hair spray ($24, 8 fl oz/ 236ml).
I use the leave-in mist either on damp or dry hair. It adds volume to my hair without the sticky icky feel. I use the thickening hair spray for styling, such as loose waves or updo’s.
Finally, here are the thickening hair spray ($24, 8 fl oz/ 266ml), whipped clay ($24, 6 fl oz/ 177ml), and acacia collagen hair plumper ($24, 8 fl oz/ 266ml).
The thickening hair spray performs like your typical firm- hold spray sans the harsh chemicals. To achieve better results, it is recommended to spray hair before blow-drying for body and after blow-drying for volume and strong hold.
The whipped clay is similar to a mousse in terms of consistency and use.
The acacia collagen hair plumper acts like a mousse and hairspray in one. I like to use it to give boost to my roots.
So with all these product assortments, do you need them all to achieve hair perfection? No. It’s just a matter of personal preference. Out of all these, my top picks would be the hair shampoo and conditioner, leave-in mist, and acacia collagen hair plumper.
Curious on how I achieve bouncy waves with Taya Amazon White Thickening Clay?
1. Spray Taya leave-in hair mist, followed with a heat protectant.
3. Finish with Taya hair spray.
Where to buy Taya? company website and HSN.
Do you want to try the entire Taya Amazon White Clay Thickening Collection?
One lucky TheFabZilla subscriber can win all these products (worth $182+). It’s open international my lovelies but you have to be at least 18 years old. Winner will be contacted via email. Taya will ship the prizes. Before entering, please read giveaway rules here.
Runs from 10/21/13 to 11/4/13.
Wait for Rafflecopter widget to load. Good luck!!!