PR sample // Own purchase
I am literally sweating as I write this post. With the fan blowing behind me, hair up in a messy bun, wearing tank top and shorts, can you tell summer is here?! Which brings me to my next question: do you change your makeup routine for the summer months? I sure do!
For one, I skip full coverage and opt for barely-there powder foundation. Most days my eye makeup is pretty simple, some days I wear bright lipstick. So here are my summer staples:
1. MDSolarSciences Mineral Screen Tinted Gel SPF 30+. This is my holy grail sunscreen to date. I like that it is all-natural, doubles as makeup primer, and blurs my pores. How’s that for multi-tasking?
2. Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer. Not the best concealer on earth but it does the job of brightening my under eye area. I like to set it with Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder.
3. I was not a fan of Laura Geller Balance-N-Bronze initially. But the more I use it, the better I appreciate its ability to warm my dull face. This is what I wear in lieu of full coverage liquid foundation.
4. Hourglass Superficial Waterproof Bronzer is a recent favorite. I like that it’s matte- perfect for contouring and/or creating that sun-kissed look sans the shimmer!
5. You’re a certified makeup junkie if you have NARS Orgasm Blush, correct? This is one shimmer I actually like especially during summer. Its peachy pink color goes well with anything. Dramatic, low-key, it’s so versatile.
6. Kat Von D is one of my favorite eye primer. It performs better than Urban Decay.
7. Recently I reverted to using Everyday Minerals eyeliner/brow kit. I like how my brows look more natural; plus the staying power is way better than eyeliner.
8. Milani Shadow Eyez 12-Hour Eyeshadow (champagne toast) can be worn alone or as base for eyeshadow. I prefer the latter method to intensify my eye makeup. I also use it to highlight my inner eye corner or brow bone.
9. Pur Minerals Mineral Shadow Gold Dust is what I wear for a clean yet glowing eye makeup for summer. It’s also office-friendly, so to speak.
10. Prestige mascara is an unsung hero in my makeup arsenal. It is affordable and it separates my lashes just as nice as high-end brands.
11. A lipgloss or any bright lipstick within reach.
12. Then finally, I set everything with Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz 100% Organic. It’s another multi-tasker, a toner and setting spray in one!
Now that you know what I use and wear on a daily basis, care sharing yours?
4 thoughts on “What’s Your Summer Makeup Routine Like?”
I don't change much in my makeup for summer except the shade of foundation. I'm in AC all day so I rarely hit the heat. Love that lip color on you!
Many mahalo's Arielle! Thanks for stopping by