You’ve heard of it but don’t really know much about it. Well, I’m one with you in flesh and blood beauties. If not for tarte’s genius marketing, I wouldn’t know that this maracuja oil is nothing but….
* a passion fruit mostly found in the Amazon
* the oil extracted from it is called passion flower oil (well of course, duh?!)
* called lilikoi in Hawaii, our version of passion fruit
* rich in Vitamin C that helps skin look firmer, brighter and smoother
* a clear and odorless substance
Between passion fruit and maracuja, the latter sounds fancier and more intriguing, right?
So that tiny bottle (deluxe size) you see above is part of a set that I purchased many moons ago. A full size (1.7 oz) retails for $46 at Sephora and tarte.com. It’s 100% percent pure unadulterated organic maracuja oil.
Since I have oily face, I am adamant to add or replace my nightly skincare regimen with this oil. Instead, I use this as my under eye moisturizer, and girl I like it so much! It is quickly absorbed and my eye area feels soft and smooth. One teeny weeny drop is all you need. I also use this to soften my stubborn cuticles or moisturize my dry hairline. Multi-tasking is the right word baby.
While I can’t vouch for its anti-aging promise (c’mon, we will all age whether we like it or not) I absolutely love the fact that it’s all- natural and cruelty-free.
Have you tried maracuja oil?