One of my favorite techniques when doing cat eyes a.k.a winged is to use a black eyeliner & angled eye brush. I feel that I have more control over this tricky situation. Plus I don’t know any woman who doesn’t own black eyeliner, what about you?
1) Line your upper lash line with the blackest black eyeliner in your stash.
2) With your angled brush, drag the line outwards, then inwards.
3) Coat the bristles of your angled brush with black eyeliner.
4) Using the tip of your lower lash line as your guide, slowly create an angled line from the tip of your upper lash line. Remember: the higher and longer your line, the more dramatic cat eyes you’ll have.
5) Connect and drag the line downwards. Coat again the bristles if you must.
6) Fill in the space. Optional: Seal with black eyeshadow to prevent smudging.
Finish with 2 coats of mascara.
Care to share your own technique?
20 thoughts on “How-to: Winged (Cat) Eyes with Eyeliner”
thanks for sharing… it is quite helpfull
thanks for stopping by. have a lovely day.xo
Wow, great and useful trick, thanks!
yay! thanks much.xo
many thanks my dear :-).xo
great tip. love your short tutorials. spot-on always! 🙂
yay! thanks so much! have a fabulous day!xo
Cool idea. I only use liquid and gels for my upper lids or else it would smudge. I only use pencil if I want it to smudge lol
LOL! Let me know if this works out for you. xo
thank you for sharing!!
my pleasure Elvie. Tc!
That is such a great job Kath! Very talented!!
Many thanks Marcia!! One hand holding the camera, one hand for demonstration.xo
Really loved this look!
I dont use alot of make-up so this is great just stylish, but not too much.
Thank you for sharing x
Thanks so much! Happy Holidays!xoxo
I never thought about using a pencil for a winged liner. I will definitely be trying this one out! Thank you!! x
pleasure is mine. 'lemme know hoq it turned out for you. happy holidays.xo
Nice trick, I am going to try it this way
Thanks much! Let me know how it turned out.xo