No, not trying to be a Scrooge. I’m referring to gifts you should avoid specially if you don’t know the recipient down to her third metacarpal bone. Meaning, this<->close.
Of course as a recipient, it’s the thought that counts. Somebody made an effort so be thankful. Appreciate, don’t hate!
In my prior posts, I have shared gifting ideas for your loved ones. Wouldn’t be nice to know what not to give, beauty-wise?
1. Foundation. Even if you think your friend has the same complexion as yours, don’t buy it. Choosing a foundation is both a personal experience and preference. Unless it’s a replenishment of her favorite brand and exact shade, might as well skip it.
2. Personal care products like deodorant and oral care set. It sends a subliminal message that the recipient stinks like hell. You don’t want to put anyone on the spot when unwrapping the present. Imagine opening a toothpaste and toothbrush combo gift, hello halitosis?!
3. Knock-off perfumes. Aside from fragrance being a personal preference, imitation perfumes are no bueno, at least in my gifting vocabulary. I don’t want to be responsible for any allergic reactions!
4. Random makeup palettes from neverland. There is a reason why these are sold dirt cheap and unbranded. Ask yourself before buying- would you give it to yourself? when in doubt, don’t!
5. Diet cookbook or exercise DVD. So what if it’s on sale at Barnes and Noble? Unless your friend is vocal about her strict diet or exercise program, don’t give her this. It’s just insensitive.
6. Re-gifting gifts. So you didn’t like your friend Michele’s gift to you so you decided to give it Laura . One fine day, Michele bumped into Laura and noticed a very similar bracelet she gave you. Whatta shame woman!
Done with shopping? more gifting ideas coming your way!