Trick or treat! Geez, it’s the last day of the month and you know what that means. Pretty soon it’s Thanksgiving then Christmas then 2013, woot woot!
I’d be honest, picking favorites for a particular month is like going thru a needle’s eye. With all the products I use and test at the same time, it’s hard to narrow down. But this woman gotta choose, so here are my picks for spooky Octobah!
1) butter london matte finish is for gals who want to give their nails a quick hiatus from all things glossy. Having said that, it’s not for everyone’s taste as it tends to make nails look flat and boring. But when you layer it with regular lacquer such as this monochromatic french tip, it gives your nails a rather interesting dimension. Here’s a picture from my archive.
2) I won’t repeat that my hands are super dry due to excessive handwashing. Of course I just did that. Seriously, aside from lip balms, I have a serious stash of hand creams or lotions in every nook imaginable. A staple in my purse is Laura Mercier creme de pistache, the scent is so heavenly, it makes me want to devour my hand, zombie eh?
3) Don’t be fooled by its shocking gloss and pigment. In days I want to keep everything low key and simple, I reach out to NYX lip gloss (03 pink). One swipe gives a very sheer barbie pink hue; add a coat of mascara and am off to do some quick errands.
4) I featured this beauty not too long ago (w/ a giveaway, it’s closed now) but I’ve been wearing this bracelet frequently the past month. One cool thing about this jewelry is that you can adjust it to your wrist size by removing the magnetic beads.
5) Ever heard of jane cosmetics? it has a cult following way back in the 90s; recently the company revamped its website by offering more upbeat looking products. I got this bronzer (09 Sahara) from Nordstrom Rack (Honolulu), it’s oil-free and gives my face a fair amount of warmth. I can’t find it on jane’s new website, I hope they relaunch this baby again. Pretty please Jane.
6) Promise me you won’t laugh when I say that I didn’t know this eyeliner was made for tweens (pre-teens)? yeah, it’s from geoGirl. It’s only when I googled it, silly moi! But it was a nice discovery after all. I use this more frequently than a white eyeliner when I’m going for wide- awake eyes. It looks more natural I must say.
Any beauty faves recently?
*I purchased these except the bracelet*