Nearsightedness with slight astigmatism, that’s my eye situation ladies. I have been wearing specs since high school, typical geek I must say. Round, square, cat-eye, rectangular, rimless, plastic, glass, I’ve worn them all. While there are thousands of styles available for standard Rx glasses, there aren’t much for sunglasses, especially at a price an average Jane can afford.
Enter Firmoo.com, a global online optical store that sells hundreds of styles of prescription eyeglasses for men and women at affordable prices. Depending on the style and material, it can be anywhere from $8 to under $50. They even offer free shipping on orders over $39, pretty cool yeah?
For this review, I’m going to focus on this fabulous pair of tortoise sunglasses, $44.90.
1. Style selection. It can be quite difficult to pick the best pair of sunglasses (or eyeglasses) but Firmoo has made it easy and fun for everyone with its virtual try-on process. Simply upload your own photo and see if the style suits your taste.
|Hmm, I look funny in yellow. Next please.
2. Input Rx details. Once you have selected your preferred style, it will ask you to type-in your prescription.
3. New customer? This pair could be yours for free! Occasionally, Firmoo offers free eyeglasses for new customers. Today might be your lucky day.
4. Checking out and Tracking. Firmoo accepts Paypal and major credit cards. Once you have created an account, you will receive an email with details of your order.
5. Shipping. Firmoo ships to most parts of the world. In my case, it took 5 days to arrive from the time I was notified of the tracking numbers. The main office is headquartered in New York but your order will be shipped from China.
My prescription sunglasses arrived intact and in excellent condition. It came with a plastic case, pink cloth, black bag, and repair kit. The frame and lenses are made from lightweight plastic material, accentuated with pearl white feather and tiny rhinestones on the arms. The customized lenses were on the dot as to my ability to see and read from afar. Happy customer here!
The longevity of these sunglasses is relative. If you take good care of them i.e. proper storage, handling with TLC, they’ll last for a while.
Bottom line, I am satisfied with the fit, comfort and style of these Rx sunglasses. Now I have an idea what to give my mom for her upcoming birthday.
*Product provided for review. See my disclaimer page for full details. Links for reference only.