Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain | Romantic & Sweetheart Valentine

I’m not a big fan of lip stains as they’re quite unforgiving to those with dry and cracked lips. I have tried Revlon’s balm + stain before and it was the most horrible with a capital H. With all the buzz circulating in the beauty community about Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, I convinced myself to buy it. Maybe it’ll change my perspective on lip stains. Let’s see.

I picked up two shades, 025 Sweetheart Valentine (hot pink) and 045 Romantic (red orange) from Walmart ($8.78 each). It smells and tastes mint (reminds me of tarte) which dissipates after a few minutes, glides easily, and decently pigmented. Ditch the sharpener (I thought I need one), it has a twist-up bottom that allows you to adjust your lippy.

The proof is in the eating. Romantic (red orange) survived the greasy flat noodles from Panda Express (wait, did I just take this quotation too literal? lol). I am amazed that I don’t need to touch up after a meal ~ not as bright when I first put it on but presentable enough to face clients. I love that it hydrated my lips just as good as my go-to untinted lip balm. It would’ve been a lot nicer if it has built-in SPF, don’t you think so?

Repurchasing? I would but if it’s proven that Revlon is no longer cruelty-free (see petition here), it’s gonna be another bittersweet goodbye for moi.

Here are photos for reference (2 swipes of Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain)

1. June 26, 2012 / 8:22 pm

Both the shades look pretty on you!

2. June 26, 2012 / 9:56 pm

These are more affordable than the Clinique ones, Im deff buying these because Revlon never lets me down in the moisturization part

• June 27, 2012 / 4:16 am

I've heard and read that these are comparable to Clinique chubby pencils. I love Revlon's lip butters and these are very close second. Thanks for visiting my blog Lana.

3. July 1, 2012 / 2:48 am

You look so good in those shades! I bought Honey and I'm giving it to a friend but I do want to buy a light pink and see how I like it.

• July 1, 2012 / 3:43 am

awww, thanks much *blushes* i bought 2 more recently, one nudish and another purplish (forgot the name). have a wonderful week. xo

4. July 5, 2012 / 5:17 am

Totally adorable.. love them.. im sure prices will be hefty here in the PI.. just like the lip butters, which I didn't get due to the price.. frugal girl here. 😀

looks great on you. would love to rock these shades too

• July 5, 2012 / 6:03 am

Really? Over here, they're around $8+.Sometimes stores like Ulta run BOGO at %50 off. Stay fab and thanks for visiting my blog today.xo