Lucky you if you were born with flawless skin. Not moi. For years I have searched high and low to keep this oily skin at bay. You know how it is ~> Greasy face = acne + visible pores + makeup meltdown. Oh well, I can rant forever but thanks to self-experimentation. Now I can face the world without looking like a frying pan at mid-day.
Different strokes for different folks but these techniques really helped me look fresh all day with very minimal shine issues.
1. Always start with clean face and hands. Use oil-free and gentle skin cleanser like Cetaphil.
2. With a cotton pad, apply mattifying toner all over face (and neck).
3. Apply oil-free moisturizer over face. Yes, even if you have oily skin because oil and hydration are two different things. To know more about this topic, click here
4. Apply face primer. Face primer forms a barrier between your face and makeup and prevents makeup meltdown.
5. If you are battling with open pores like me, try Clinique Pore Refining Solutions/ Pore Minimizer. It fills visible pores and blurs its appearance. Dab pea-sized amount where pores are highly visible.
6. Use an oil-free foundation that has double the staying power. Try Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation or Make Up For Ever Velvet Mat+
7. Buff foundation with flat top brush to distribute it evenly and minimize appearance of pores.
8. Dab facial tissue over face to absorb excess oil and moisture.
9. The next step is my saving grace, for real! Ever since I have added this product into my routine, I don’t need to worry about retouching my makeup constantly. Try Origins Zero Oil Instant Matte Finish. With a drop or two, I apply this on top of my foundation. Full review here
10. Set foundation with loose or pressed powder.
12. Proceed with your other makeup routine (eye makeup, blush, lips)….
Watch this video for a quick look. More or less, this is how I do my makeup on a regular basis….