Need makeup idea for NYE? Try this Vamp & Purple!
I like the versatility of purple, it’s definitely a shade you can rock from day to night.
1. Begin with a clean face. Wash, tone, moisturize. Skip any moisturizer that has SPF on it (it’s night time anyways) because the titanium dioxide ingredient reflects light from the camera flash, rendering a ghostly white cast over your face (Casper, isdachu?)
2. Partying all night? Apply face primer to prolong wearability of your makeup.
3. Apply your favorite foundation and set with loose or pressed powder.
4. Groom eyebrows and prime your eyes. Again, doing so will prevent creasing of eye makeup especially if your lids grease like crazy!
5. Apply darkest purple on lids and a little above the crease.
6. Blend shimmer maroon shade on crease to create a softer transition.
7. Apply fleshtone eyeshadow on brow bone.
8. Let’s intensify the eyes more! With a glitter glue, apply metallic purple on lids. Lightly blend the darker purple again on top of it for gradient effect.
9. Line lower lashline with purple eyeliner. Smudge for a sexier look.
10. Line waterline with black kohl eye pencil then tightline upper lashline. Top off with black eyeshadow to preserve the color.
11. Apply mascara (two coats would be enough). Feel free to wear falsies, it’s NYE!!!
12. Because the focus is in the eyes, go muter with the rest of the makeup. Apply pink blush-on cheeks in upward motion towards the temple.
13. Line and fill lips with pink or nude lipliner. Finish with nude shimmer lip gloss.
14. Style hair as you like it. Sexy curls or messy updo will compliment this look.
Face: Origins Youthopia (review here), MAC face primer
Eyes: Benefit stay don’t stray, Tarina Tarantino, Smashbox Classifyed, Too Faced Glitter Glue (review here), NYX Pearl Mania, L’oreal False Fiber Lashes (review here) , Urban decay 24/7 eyeliner, Sephora purple eyeliner
Lips: Estee Lauder lip gloss
Blush: Cargo (Mendocino)
For live video tutorial, click here
Happy New Year and All the Best to Each and Everyone in 2012!