I grew up watching The Addams Family, and Morticia and Wednesday are two of my favorite scary characters.
Quick trivia. The Addams Family originally started as cartoon characters published in The New Yorker from 1938-1988. Since then, it has been adapted to TV series, movies, among others.
Morticia, the matriarch of the family, is known for her pale skin, theatrical makeup and black outfits. Here are the steps to recreate her iconic look:
1.Start clean. Wash, tone and moisturize face.
2. Apply face primer to prevent makeup meltdown.
3. Use a foundation one or two shades lighter than your complexion. This will help you look paler than usual.
4. Hide blemishes and dark under eye circles with concealer.
5. Set with a pressed powder that is also lighter than your skin tone.
6. Contour nose with a brown shade (use eyeshadow) to make it appear a little slimmer. Use the same shade to create an illusion of lifted cheekbones. Buff to blend.
1.Prime eyes to prevent smudging of eye makeup.
2.Use black eyeshadow to create arched and thick eyebrows. Use stencil guide if you are not comfortable yet drawing this brow look.
3. Use silver eyeshadow and apply from inner corner upto two-thirds of the eyelid.
4. Use black eyeshadow to define crease and outer corner of eyes.
5. Use gray eyeshadow and apply from crease to a tad below the brow bone, then sweep towards the inner corner of the eyes.
6. Line waterline and lower lashline with black kohl pencil; smudge for a smoky effect.
7. Line upper lashline with liquid eyeliner- you can wing it if you want.
8. Apply mascara; Wear false eyelashes for added drama.
1. Line and fill lips with red lip liner.
2. Finish with red lipstick
|Complete the look: Part hair at the center.Style hair straight.Wear long black dress with bell sleeves.|
Wednesday, whose middle name is Friday, is pale, dark-haired, and fascinated with death. To achieve her look, do the following:
1. Use a foundation and pressed powder lighter than your complexion.
2. Use a gray eyeliner to draw an illusion of heart shaped-face (optional). Draw just below from your hairline/forehead; fill the space with gray eyeshadow.
3. Contour nose with brown eyeshadow.
1. Apply eye primer.
2. Use black eyeshadow to draw rounded brows.
3. Apply brown eyeshadow all over the lids. Bring down the same shade to your lower lashline.
4. Line upper lashline and waterline with brown eyeliner. Smudge (optional)
5. Curl eyelash and apply 2 coats of mascara on top and bottom lashes. The clumpier, the better.
Keep lips natural so use lipstain instead. (berry or coral shade)
|Complete the look: Braid hair (2 sides), part hair at center, wear white or any blouse with closed collar,wear black cardigan or blazer on top, wear skirt,black stockings and shoes. And remember, never ever smile!!!!|
Watch the tutorial here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tsTntNmWvU