Have you decided what character will you be this Halloween? Be a hippie or flower child! This look is easy, cute and fun. You don’t even have to stress yourself out buying outfits- don a floral dress and pair it with boots, beaded thongs or chunky sandals; accessorize with feathers, flowers, or psychedelic patterned bangles- the choice is endless because a true hippie expresses her love for individuality without limits!
Trip down the memory lane. A hippie a.k.a flower child has deep roots in San Francisco, USA, the center of hippie revolution during the 1967 social phenomenon called Summer of Love. Usually young and idealistic, they were called flower children because they distributed flowers and other floral accessories to symbolize peace and unity.
The hippie makeup from late 1960s to ’70s is characterized by bright wide eyes and pink or nude lipstick. Here are the steps on how you can achieve this look:
1. Begin with clean skin. Wash, tone and moisturize face.
2. Apply face primer to preserve your makeup especially if you will be out partying!
3. Apply face foundation. Blend with downstroke motion to minimize appearance of pores.
4. Fake good sleep with concealer. Apply under the eye area or blemishes. To prevent it from being cakey, set with powder.
5. Mattify face with a pressed powder to preserve makeup.
6. Define your brows following the natural shape. Use stencil guide if you must.
7. Apply eye primer over eyelids upto brow bone
8. Pat on rosy bronze shade to the inner one-third of the eyelid.
9. Apply shimmery apple green shade to the remaining part of the eyelid.
10. With a crease brush, apply shimmery mint green color on the hollow socket of your eyes and blend inwards.
11. To add depth, apply blue shade on the outer corner of the eye by forming a “v” pattern. Blend with a fluffy brush to smooth out transition of colors.
12. Apply neutral shade or something that is close to your skin color on brown bone.
13. Open up your eyes by applying white or light yellow shimmer on the inner corner of your eyes.
14. Line your upper lashline and wing it out for bigger and bolder look.
15. Line or tight-line your lower lashline with green eye pencil then top it off with a blue eyeshadow for psychedelic effect.
16. Curl eyelash and apply 2-3 coats of mascara.
17. Wear false eyelash for added drama.
Express yourself! Add heart under your eyes or cheekbone!
|1. Draw heart using white pencil 2.Fill space inside with glitter glue 3.Stick glitters!|
18. To channel a healthy and glowing skin, apply light bronzer on cheekbone and pink blush on cheeks.
19. Line and fill your lips with pink lip pencil; Apply peachy-pink lipstick or lip gloss.
1. Style or curl your hair as desired.
2. Take out a small portion of your hair from side-back.
3. Braid that portion, tie with hair band.
4. Bring the braided headband over the forehead and secure with bobby pins.
5. If your hair isn’t long enough to do this trick, try a fake braided headband instead.
Watch this video to see how I pulled this look, complete with accessories and outfits.
List of products used in the tutorial (feel free to use makeup of similar shades)
Face: Revlon Beyond Natural Face Primer, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, Physician’s Formula Correcting Concealer, The Body Shop Under Eye Brightening Concealer
Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion Eye Primer, Urban Decay Naked Palette (defining brows), Kat Von D Truth palette, MAC freshwater eye shadow, Clarins Mascara, Duo eye glue, eyelash from Ebay, Sephora green eyeliner, Rimmer white eyeliner
Heart design: Rimmel white eyeliner, Too Faced glitter glue, NYX glitter
Cheeks: Pixi Lumi Lux Bronzer, Tarte Amazonian Clay (babydoll)
Lips: LA Color lipliner, L’Oreal Infallible lipstick, LORAC tiedyed lipgloss
FTC: I purchased all products used.