Hi fab friends! It’s my furry baby’s 2nd birthday today! How fast time flies- she was just a plump puppy when we first brought her home two years ago. Now, she’s half my weight already! See some of her baby photos in today’s tutorial…
Makeup-wise, I did a simple smokey eye makeup look this time. The bonus part, I only used a single eye shadow color (dark/chocolate brown) and a black khol eyeliner. This is to show you that you don’t need a lot of makeups when creating that iconic smokey eye effect. And depending on the occasion, you can always build this eye makeup from light to heavy- gothic kind of look. Again, here are the steps:
1. Apply eye primer over the eyelid, brow bone, and a little on the bottom lash line.
2. With a flat eyes shadow brush, pat that dark/chocolate brown eye color onto your eyelid and a little above the crease area.
3. With a fluffy brush or ring finger, blend the color from side to side, starting from the outer corner of the eye, going inward.
4. Line your upper lash line with black kohl eye pencil. Line it heavily.
5. With a smudge brush or cotton tip, smudge that black eyeliner (sort of wiping it out) starting from the outer corner of the eye, going inward. Line again for the second time, then smudge. This is to create a soft, sexy smokey eye effect.
6. For the third time, line your upper lash line again with black eye pencil, this time staying as close to the lash line as possible.
7. Line your water line heavily with black eye pencil, then squeeze your eyes to transfer some of that color on your top lash line.
8. Apply dark/chocolate brown eyeshadow on top of that eyeliner and some onto your eyelid and crease.
9/ With a smudge brush or cotton tip, bring that dark brown color down to your bottom lash line by smudging it. Start from outer corner, going inward. Again, you may build the color from light to heavy.
10. Curl your eyelash, then apply 2-3 coats of mascara. Optional: wear false eyelashes to intensify your eye makeup.
Complete list of products used:
Face: Bareminerals powder foundation
Eyes, Benefit stay don’t stray eye primer, Lorac baked matte satin eyeshadow (Social/ dark brown), black kohl eyeliner by Sephora, Black mascara by Rimmel, Wet n Wild ultimate brow kit
Cheeks: Revlon beyond natural blush and bronzer
Lips: Lorac mocktail lip gloss (Caffeini Martini)
Disclaimer: All products used were purchased by me.
I’m new to Youtube! Pls. show some love and subscribe. http://www.youtube.com/user/fabkath36?feature=mhum I appreciate all the great comments I have been getting lately. Thanks a million!