Jessica Alba (Print ad)- Inspired Makeup
Here’s another celebrity-inspired makeup tutorial from the print ad of Jessical Alba (for Revlon Topspeed nail polish). This makeup is so dramatic and sexy- what with the heavy smoky eye makeup and bright red lips. To re-create this look, try these steps:
1. Face: Wash, tone, moisturize. Apply face primer. Apply liquid foundation and concealer.
2. Eyes: Apply eye primer on eyelids, up to the brow area and a little on bottom lashline.
3. To create that sharp edge on the outer corner of the eye, tear a small piece of scotch tape and tape it onto outer corner of eye, pointing towards the end of the eyebrow.
4. Use cream sticks (white or champaign/ black or gray) as base for these shimmer-metallic eye makeup. Apply the white shimmer cream stick from the tear duct up to two-thirds of the eyelid. Apply black cream stick on the outer one third of the eyelid. Pat with finger.
5.Apply metallic white eye powder/ pigment on top of white cream stick. Apply black eye powder/pigment on top of black cream stick. Use two different eye shadow brushes when doing contrasting eye colors so you don’t mess both colors.
6. With a crease brush, define your crease are using beige eye shadow.
7. Blend all colors gently using a fluffy brush. Be careful not to drag black eye makeup towards the metallic white.
8. Remove scotch tape. Dust off fallouts with a fan brush.
9. Use a smudge brush to bring the black eye makeup down, starting from the outer corner of bottom lashline and stopping midway. Continue from midway to tear duct using metallic white eye powder. To create a two-dimensional effect, use a smudge brush and apply beige color on top of black and white eye makeup colors.
10. Line waterline with black kohl eyeliner.
11. Curl eyelash. Apply 2-3 coats of mascara. Optional: Wear false eyelashes.
12. Cheeks: Skip blush on. Instead, highlight cheekbones by using a highlighting bronzer. With a fan brush, sweep the color on top of the cheekbones going upward.
13. Lips: Exfoliate and moisturize lips before applying red lipstick/ lip gloss
Complete list of products:
Face: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, Cover Girl Concealer, Revlon Beyond Natural face primer
Eyes: Benefit stay don;t stray primer, Wet n Wild cream sticks, Metallic white loose pigment (Yeyo) Urban decay, Wet n Wild Greed palette (black and beige colors), Sephora black khol eyeliner, Rimmel mascara
Cheeks: e.l.f. highlighting bronzer
Lips: Revlon red lip liner, MAC Russian Red, Sally Hansen Lip Lacquer Shine
Youtube channel: Fabkath36 http://www.youtube.com/user/fabkath36?feature=mhum
Twitter: Fabkath36 http://twitter.com/#!/fabkath36
Facebook: Fab Kath https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000782759157
Earrings: Kakalina’s http://www.artfire.com/users/kakalinasaccesories