When I see blue, I think of the ocean and wonderful blue skies. Tranquility. Bliss. Just soothing.
Blue is a great color to define your beautiful eyes. It suits any skin tone and can be worn from day to night time. Look fa-BLUE-lous and try these simple techniques:
1. Apply eye primer over entire eye lids. Eye primer prevents makeup meltdown and unsightly creasing.
2. Groom and shape your brows accordingly. Pluck stray hairs and fill your eyebrow following its natural shape. Use light brown color (either pencil or eyeshadow) instead of black for a softer look. Brush eyebrows with clear gel to hold hair in place.
3.Bring out your eye shadows in colors blue (dark and light), yellow, white. For this tutorial, I used Pop Beauty Mosaic Palette (image below).
4. Apply yellow eye shadow from the inside of the lid to midway using flat eye shadow brush. Apply blue eyeshadow from outer corner of the eye to midway. Blend upward and above the crease area using fluffy brush. Define outer corner of the eye by adding more blue color focusing on outer V.
5. Line lower lash line with blue eye shadow starting from outer to midway, then with yellow eye shadow from midway to inner corner.
5. Highlight brow bone/ arch area and tear duct with white eye shadow.
6. Line upper lash line with black eye pencil, and lower lash line with blue eye pencil (optional)
7. Curl eyelash and apply two coats mascara
For basic makeup technique (face , cheeks, lips), see previous blog. Click here.
|Pop Beauty Mosaic Palette|
Complete list of products used for this look:
Face: Revlon Beyond Natural Face Primer, Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation, Laura Mercier Concealer
Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion (eye primer) Eye shadows (Pop Beauty Mosaic), Black kohl eyeliner (Sephora), Dark blue eyeliner (Milani), Mascara (Rimmel)
Cheeks: Cargo Blush (Catalina), 100%Pure Bronzer (Honey)
Lips: e.l.f. mineral lipstick (bare brown), MAC plush glass (Bubble)
|Earrings bought on sale at Claire’s!|
Photo of the Day
|Rio (Movie) inspired nails. And so I thought.|
Get inspired: Your failure today is your wisdom tomorrow- only if you learned from it- fabkath