Hi fab friends! I want to share with you one of my favorite eye makeup looks- The Cat-eye or Winged eye effect. This eye makeup bespeaks the glamorous era of the 1950s. Think Marilyn Monroe who popularized this iconic look.
In case you missed the video, here are the steps on how to achieve this look:
1. Start by priming your eyes. Eye primer helps prevent meltdown, smudging and creasing of your eye makeup.
2. Use eye shadows in colors light beige, brown, and white. For this look, I used Pixie Eye mineral kit.
3. With a fluffy brush, apply the light beige shade all over the eyelid upto brow area.
4. With the crease brush, apply brown color on crease area and outer corner. Use your fluffy brush to blend, from outer to inner eye.
5. Clean that same fluffy brush and apply white/vanilla shade onto your brow/arch area. With a Q-tip, apply the same shade to define your tear duct. This process opens up your eyes.
6. For that winged/cat eye effect, I suggest using a fine tip black liquid eyeliner. Start by drawing a line from your outer eye going up, pointing to the outer end of your brow.
7.Form a triangle by bringing down the line to the upper lash line. Fill in the space of the triangle with light gentle strokes using the same black liquid pencil.
8. Start to line your upper lashline staying close to lash as possible.
9. Line your waterline with white eye pencil. This process opens and brightens your eyes.
10. Curl your eyelash. Apply 2-3 coats of mascara.
11.Optional: Apply false eyelash on the outer corner of your upper eyelash. This creates a more dramatic effect.
I’m new to youtbe, pls.subscribe if you can: http://www.youtube.com/user/fabkath36?feature=mhum
Twitter:Fabkath 36 http://twitter.com/#!/fabkath36
FTC: All products used were purchased by me. I am open to try beauty and health-related products for review.
Complete list of products:
EYES: Pixie Eye Mineral, Jordana black eye liquid liner, Wet n Wil Icon white eye pencil, Urban decay eye primer potion, Rimmel black mascara
FACE: Revlon Photo Ready
CHEEKS: The Body Shop Blush on
LIPS: MAC Russian Red+ LA Girl lip gloss