As mentioned in my previous blog, hot pink screams fab this spring. Fergie and JLo both wore hot pink lipstick in the previous episodes of American Idol Season 10.
|I’m not bothered by Fergie’s supposed “plastic surgery”. But I do love her lip color!
Image from here
|Oh JLo, you made crying looked so glam!
Image from here
Hot pink, like red, can be an intimidating color. But the key to rocking it superbly is to keep the rest of your makeup simple so the focus is your lips. Wear it daytime or night, the choice is yours.
1. Prep your skin before applying foundation (Cleanse, tone, moisturize). Try tinted moisturizer for a lighter coverage.
2. Apply eye primer on lid all the way to brow bone. Eye primer prevents unsightly creasing, a common problem if you have oily skin.
3. Apply neutral colored eyeshadows. For this look, I applied light beige on eye lid upto brow bone. Apply light purple on eyelid, then gray- black on crease with light and gentle strokes. With the same color, line upper lashline. Finish with 2 coats of waterproof mascara.
4. Brush light pink blush on apples of cheek.
5. Moisturize lips. Line and fill lips with nude or hot pink lip pencil to make the color last longer. Apply hot pink lipstick or lip gloss.
6. Seal makeup with loose powder.
|Spring into action!
Complete list of products for this look:
Face: Revlon Beyond Natural Face Primer, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, Make Up For Ever HD Loose Powder (seal makeup)
Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion Eye Primer, Wet n Wild Trio Pallet (Silent Treatment), Rimmel mascara
Cheeks: MAC Mineralize Blush (Warm Soul), Lancome bronzer
Lips: Amuse fuschia lip liner, Sonia Kashuk Lip Crayon, Duwop lip gloss
“If you have been blessed today, be a blessing to others.”