Hair is not only a woman’s crowning glory,it is a mood setter. Having a bad hair day is akin to PMS (pre-menstrual syndrome). You are not in your best self, period. So how do you manage your hair? Do you always go to the salon for some serious yet pricey hair treatment? Try this simple and all-natural DIY (do-it-yourself) hot oil treatment in the comfort of your home.
- 5 tablespoons (or more) of sweet almond oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- 3 drops of essential oil (orange or citrus)
- Clear plastic wrap (the one you use to cover/wrap food)
- Hair brush
- Mix sweet almond oil or extra virgin oil and essential oil.
- Lightly damp your hair with water. Brush hair in section.
- With clean fingertips, apply mixture on scalp and hair. Massage your scalp as you apply it.
- Wrap head/hair with clear plastic wrap. Leave it on for 15 minutes
- Wash hair with shampoo and conditioner
- Optional. Apply leave-on conditioner
Almond oil has a plethora of medicinal benefits. Packed with Omega-9, Omega-6 and Omega-3, it provides hair with nourishing properties that help combat dryness and flakiness. Ever since I incorporated almond oil in my hair care routine, my hair has never been this shiny and smooth.
Orange essential oil when mixed with a carrier oil like almond or olive elicits a scent that soothes tired muscle. Because it is pure and concentrated, it should not be used alone. Other medicinal benefits of orange essential include anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, sedative, anti-acne and immunity booster.
|Take a break from all things harsh- Go natural.|
Look fab today. Go all-natural and reap the benefits of long, shiny hair.