|Image from here|
I have mentioned in my previous blog that I am a fan of Laura Mercier foundation for years. I still am, but I felt it was time for me to try a different brand. My skin type is oily. I want a buildable coverage. I want something that will hold for hours – I’m talking about at least 8 hours long. I hate the idea of constant retouching. Blotting here and there, so not fab.
After much self-deliberation and product analysis, I settled for Make Up Forever Mat Velvet+, No.40/Natural beige ($34, Sephora).
- Shine-control, oil free, water resistant, complete coverage
- Hides imperfections, matt, powder finish
- Size: 1.01 oz
I have been using this product for almost a month now and my experience is detailed below:
- I used a face primer prior to applying face foundation. This is to create a flawless canvass for makeup application. It also helps lock the foundation for hours (More on face primer, click here). Combined with this process, I observed that my makeup did last more than 8 hours.
- It did not totally control surface shine but it was not as horrible as you think. At about five hours later, I noticed minor shine issues. With a travel-size kabuki brush, I gently brushed my face and the oil was gone again.
- A little squirt goes a long way so this size will last several months. Using the back of my palm as palette, I used a powder brush to apply this foundation. (want an airbrush finish make-up? use face/powder/stipple brush instead of sponge or foundation brush. More tips on a separate blog).
- To help seal the foundation, I used Make Up Forever HD loose powder, a complimentary travel/sample size given to me by Sephora (one of the perks as a Beauty Insider from Sephora)
- With a little technique, it camouflaged pimple marks/ blemishes
- Oh, I did not experience breakouts, which I so love!
|More on kissmark analysis, click here|
Look fab everyday. Invest in a good face foundation. Uneven skin tone ain’t fab girls.
* Get inspired* ” Like a pimple, a rotten soul will come out no matter how you conceal it. Beauty from within is real beauty”.